Table of Contents
Mauricio Dubon brings a 14-game hitting streak into the Houston Astros’ (8-10) matchup with the Atlanta Braves (14-5). The Astros are the moneyline favorite (-115) for this contest against the Braves (-105), which starts at 7:20 PM ET on Friday at Truist Park. Houston has Hunter Brown set to start, and Atlanta will send out Bryce Elder.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Braves
- Game Day: Friday, April 21, 2023
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Braves?
- TV Channel: Apple TV+
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank 19th in baseball with 18 total home runs.
- Houston’s .249 batting average ranks 14th in the majors.
- The Astros rank 12th in baseball with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Houston strikes out 8.6 times per game, the No. 11 mark in baseball.
- The Astros have hit seven home runs on the road this season (1.2 per game).
- Houston is slugging .421 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averages 9.5 hits per game and is batting .264 on the road this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston with 20 hits and an OBP of .444 this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB, Tucker’s batting average ranks 29th, his on-base percentage ranks sixth, and he is 27th in slugging.
- Tucker has recorded a base hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, five walks and two RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez is hitting .262 with three doubles, four home runs and 12 walks.
- Among all qualified, Alvarez ranks 88th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .211 with a .408 slugging percentage and 12 RBI this year.
- Alex Bregman has been key for Houston with 16 hits, an OBP of .341 plus a slugging percentage of .324.
- Bregman enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves’ 27 home runs rank fourth in Major League Baseball.
- Atlanta has a team batting average of .263 this season, which ranks sixth among MLB teams.
- The Braves are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking fifth with an OBP of .345.
- Atlanta is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 26th with an average of 9.3 strikeouts per game.
- In seven games at home this season, they’ve hit six homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- In seven home games this season, it is slugging .403 with 21 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .263 with 8.9 base hits per contest.
Braves Key Batters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. has put up a .451 on-base percentage and a .544 slugging percentage, both team-best marks for the Braves.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Acuna’s batting average ranks fourth, his on-base percentage is fifth, and he is 29th in slugging.
- Matt Olson has collected 21 hits to pace his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Olson ranks 60th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and ninth in slugging percentage.
- Sean Murphy has seven doubles, four home runs and 14 walks while hitting .259.
- Austin Riley has two doubles, four home runs and 11 walks while hitting .282.
Astros vs. Braves Probable Pitchers
|Hunter Brown (HOU)||Pitcher||Bryce Elder (ATL)|
|2 – 0||W/L||2 – 0|
Astros vs. Braves Injury Updates
- Astros: Jose Altuve: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Michael Brantley: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Lance McCullers Jr.: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Parker Mushinski: 15 Day IL (Spine), Chas McCormick: day-to-day (Eye)
- Braves: Michael Harris II: 10 Day IL (Back), Orlando Arcia: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Lucas Luetge: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Collin McHugh: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Raisel Iglesias: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Huascar Ynoa: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kolby Allard: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Tyler Matzek: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Travis d’Arnaud: 7 Day IL (Concussion)