Table of Contents
Booksmakers give the Chicago Cubs (11-6) the edge (-118 on the moneyline) to add to their four-game winning streak when they play the Los Angeles Dodgers (9-10), at -102, on Thursday at 7:40 PM ET. Chicago’s Jameson Taillon and Los Angeles’ Michael Grove pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Dodgers
- Game Day: Thursday, April 20, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Dodgers?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 12th in MLB action with 21 total home runs.
- Chicago ranks second in MLB with a .286 batting average.
- The Cubs’ .351 on-base percentage ranks third-best in baseball.
- Chicago’s hitters strike out 8.4 times per game, the fourth-lowest average in baseball.
- The Cubs average one home run per home game this season (nine total at home).
- Chicago is averaging two extra-base hits per game while slugging .384 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .263.
Cubs Key Batters
- Patrick Wisdom has 17 hits, which is tops among Chicago hitters this season, while batting .279 with 12 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified batters in MLB, Wisdom ranks 62nd in batting average, 85th in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Wisdom hopes to build on a six-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .237 with a double, a triple, five home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Nico Hoerner has an OPS of .808, fueled by an OBP of .395 and a team-best slugging percentage of .413 this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Hoerner is ninth in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage and 97th in slugging percentage.
- Hoerner has picked up at least one hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .364 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Ian Happ has collected 21 base hits, an OBP of .423 and a slugging percentage of .538 this season.
- Happ has logged a hit or more in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with two doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Cody Bellinger has three home runs, 12 RBI and a batting average of .284 this season.
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers rank second in Major League Baseball with 33 home runs.
- Los Angeles’ .233 batting average ranks 21st in the majors this season.
- The Dodgers have an on-base percentage of .335 this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- Los Angeles is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 27th with an average of 9.4 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.6 home runs per game in their seven road contests this season.
- In seven road games this season, it is slugging .470 with 28 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging eight base hits per game and batting .239 on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman has a .500 slugging percentage, which leads the Dodgers.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, Freeman ranks 17th in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage and 45th in slugging percentage.
- Max Muncy leads his team with 14 hits and a .408 OBP.
- Muncy is 120th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .274 with eight doubles, two triples, three home runs and four walks.
- James Outman is hitting .281 with a double, three triples, three home runs and 10 walks.
Cubs vs. Dodgers Probable Pitchers
|Jameson Taillon (CHC)||Pitcher||Michael Grove (LAD)|
|0 – 2||W/L||0 – 1|
Cubs vs. Dodgers Injury Updates
- Cubs: Kyle Hendricks: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Dodgers: Miguel Rojas: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ryan Pepiot: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Jimmy Nelson: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Gonsolin: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Daniel Hudson: 15 Day IL (Knee), Álex Reyes: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), Will Smith: 7 Day IL (Concussion), Chris Taylor: day-to-day (Side)