Table of Contents
Joey Meneses leads the Washington Nationals (7-13) into a matchup against the Minnesota Twins (11-10) after he totaled four hits in a 10-4 win over the Twins. The Twins are favored (-262) against the Nationals (+215) in this outing, which begins at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday. Bailey Ober starts for Minnesota while Washington will counter with Patrick Corbin.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Sunday, April 23, 2023
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: BSN
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank 14th in MLB play with 23 total home runs.
- Minnesota is 24th in MLB with a .227 batting average.
- The Twins’ .296 on-base percentage is the third-worst in baseball.
- Minnesota’s 9.7 strikeouts per game are the fourth-most in baseball.
- The Twins have hit six homers at home this season (0.8 per game).
- Minnesota is averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .354 at home.
- The club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .235 at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Joey Gallo has a double, five home runs and five walks while hitting .226.
- Trevor Larnach leads Minnesota in OBP (.329) this season, fueled by 17 hits.
- Among qualified hitters, Larnach’s batting average places him 121st, his on-base percentage 100th, and his slugging percentage 117th.
- Byron Buxton has 17 hits and is batting .243 this season.
- Buxton takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Carlos Correa has two home runs, eight RBI and a batting average of .227 this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals’ 10 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- Washington ranks 10th in MLB with a .255 team batting average.
- The Nationals have the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.319).
- Washington has the fewest strikeouts in MLB, fanning only 7.0 times per game on average.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their nine road contests this season.
- Washington is slugging .381 in nine road games this season.
- They are averaging 9.6 base hits per game and batting .273 on the road this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Jeimer Candelario has put up a slugging percentage of .427 and has 22 hits, both team-high numbers for the Nationals.
- Including all the qualifying players in MLB, Candelario’s batting average places him 72nd, his on-base percentage is 130th, and he is 83rd in slugging.
- Victor Robles’ .388 OBP paces his team.
- Robles ranks 33rd in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage and 104th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Alex Call is hitting .196 with a double, a home run and 11 walks.
- Keibert Ruiz has three doubles, a home run and five walks while batting .277.
Twins vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Bailey Ober (MIN)||Pitcher||Patrick Corbin (WSH)|
|0 – 0||W/L||1 – 2|
Twins vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Twins: Kyle Farmer: 10 Day IL (Face), Alex Kirilloff: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Josh Winder: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ronny Henriquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Royce Lewis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Gilberto Celestino: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kenta Maeda: day-to-day (Ankle)
- Nationals: Corey Dickerson: 10 Day IL (Calf), Ildemaro Vargas: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Israel Pineda: 10 Day IL (Finger), Carter Kieboom: 10 Day IL (Finger), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)