Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Dodgers (11-11) visit the Chicago Cubs (12-8) on Sunday at Wrigley Field, beginning at 2:20 PM ET. The Dodgers are favored on the moneyline (-139), while the Cubs are +119 underdogs. The Cubs are favored against the spread () with odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Clayton Kershaw starts for Los Angeles, and Marcus Stroman is Chicago’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Sunday, April 23, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers average 1.8 home runs per game to rank second in MLB action with 40 total home runs.
- Los Angeles has the 22nd-ranked batting average in the majors (.230).
- The Dodgers are 11th in MLB with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Los Angeles’ 9.5 strikeouts per game are the third-most in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.8 home runs per road game this season (18 total on the road).
- Los Angeles is slugging .464 with 3.8 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club is batting .231 with 77 hits (7.7 per game) on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Max Muncy leads Los Angeles in OBP (.432) this season, fueled by 17 hits.
- Among all qualifying batters in MLB, Muncy ranks 97th in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and fourth in slugging.
- James Outman leads Los Angeles with 22 hits. He is batting .314 this season and has 11 extra-base hits.
- Outman is 19th in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage and second in slugging in MLB.
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles in slugging percentage (.471) powered by eight extra-base hits.
- J.D. Martinez has been key for Los Angeles with 21 hits, an OBP of .309 plus a slugging percentage of .512.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 27 homers this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .284 this season, which ranks second among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .354 this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- Chicago has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the sixth-best strikeout rate (8.4 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 15 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 12 home contests this season.
- In 12 home games this season, it is slugging .420 with 31 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .265 as a team at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has put up a slugging percentage of .489, a team-high for the Cubs.
- Including all qualified players in the big leagues, Hoerner ranks fourth in batting average, 22nd in on-base percentage and 48th in slugging percentage.
- Hoerner takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .378 with two doubles, two home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Cody Bellinger has four doubles, five home runs and nine walks while batting .289.
- Bellinger’s batting average is 47th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 46th, and he is 25th in slugging.
- Patrick Wisdom is leading the Cubs with 19 hits.
- Ian Happ is batting .307 with nine doubles, two home runs and 15 walks.
Dodgers vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Clayton Kershaw (LAD)||Pitcher||Marcus Stroman (CHC)|
|3 – 1||W/L||2 – 1|
Dodgers vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Miguel Rojas: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Michael Grove: 15 Day IL (Groin), Jimmy Nelson: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Gonsolin: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Daniel Hudson: 15 Day IL (Knee), Álex Reyes: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Pepiot: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), Will Smith: 7 Day IL (Concussion)
- Cubs: Jameson Taillon: 15 Day IL (Groin), Kyle Hendricks: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)