Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (10-12) match up with the Colorado Rockies (6-16) a game after Nicholas Castellanos hit a pair of home runs in a 4-3 win over the Rockies. The Phillies are favored (-290) in this matchup with the Rockies (+236), which starts at 12:05 PM ET on Sunday. Zack Wheeler gets the starting nod for Philadelphia, and Jose Urena is Colorado’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Sunday, April 23, 2023
- Game Time: 12:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
How Do I Watch the Phillies vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: Peacock
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies are 18th in baseball with 22 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- Philadelphia has the third-best batting average in the majors (.276).
- The Phillies are eighth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Philadelphia strikes out 9.6 times per game, the second-worst average in MLB.
- The Phillies have hit 11 homers at home this season (1.2 per game).
- Philadelphia is slugging .455 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .273 with 84 hits (9.3 per game) at home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Brandon Marsh has 23 hits and an OBP of .438, both of which are best among Philadelphia hitters this season.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, Marsh ranks sixth in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Marsh will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .357 with a double, a triple, a home run, four walks and an RBI.
- Castellanos is batting .310 with 10 doubles, two home runs and 10 walks.
- Castellanos is 23rd in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage and 38th in slugging in the majors.
- Castellanos has picked up at least one hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, two home runs and three RBI.
- Alec Bohm has collected 25 base hits, an OBP of .380 and a slugging percentage of .451 this season.
- Bohm takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .111 with a walk.
- Trea Turner has one home run, six RBI and a batting average of .295 this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies rank 21st in Major League Baseball with 19 home runs.
- Colorado ranks 17th in MLB with a .245 team batting average.
- The Rockies have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.306).
- Colorado ranks 24th with an average of 9.0 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit nine homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 12 road contests this season.
- In 12 road games this season, it is slugging .336 with 31 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.0 base hits per game and batting .212 on the road this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- Kris Bryant has a .450 slugging percentage, which leads the Rockies.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, Bryant’s batting average puts him 48th, his on-base percentage ranks 68th, and he is 71st in slugging.
- Charlie Blackmon’s .400 OBP paces his team.
- Blackmon ranks 67th in batting average, 25th in on-base percentage and 110th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Elias Diaz has 22 hits, a team-best for the Rockies.
- Ryan McMahon is batting .237 with six doubles, four home runs and eight walks.
Phillies vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Zack Wheeler (PHI)||Pitcher||José Ureña (COL)|
|1 – 1||W/L||0 – 3|
Phillies vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Phillies: Darick Hall: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Bryce Harper: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Andrew Bellatti: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Nick Nelson: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Noah Song: 15 Day IL (Back), Ranger Suárez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Rafael Marchan: 60 Day IL (Hand), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)
- Rockies: Randal Grichuk: 10 Day IL (Hernia), German Márquez: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Antonio Senzatela: 15 Day IL (Knee), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brendan Rodgers: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Tyler Kinley: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Sean Bouchard: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Kris Bryant: day-to-day (Si joint/glute)