Table of Contents
The Boston Red Sox (13-13) host the Cleveland Guardians (12-13) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Red Sox are underdogs (+118) against the favored Guardians (-138). Shane Bieber starts for Cleveland while Boston will counter with Nick Pivetta.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Friday, April 28, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: NESN
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 13 home runs this season, the second-lowest total in MLB play.
- Cleveland is 22nd in the majors with a .231 batting average.
- The Guardians’ .313 on-base percentage is 19th in baseball.
- Cleveland’s hitters strike out 7.4 times per game, the second-lowest average in the majors.
- The Guardians have hit nine homers on the road this season (0.7 per game).
- Cleveland is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .362 away from home.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .240.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 26 hits and an OBP of .385 to go with a slugging percentage of .479. All three of those stats rank first among Cleveland hitters this season. He has a .271 batting average, as well.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he ranks 63rd in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 28th, and he is 48th in slugging.
- Ramirez hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .258 with three doubles, a triple and 18 walks. He’s slugging .309 with an on-base percentage of .368.
- Among qualifying batters, he ranks 85th in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 165th in slugging percentage.
- Andres Gimenez has 22 hits this season and has a slash line of .253/.343/.356.
- Josh Bell has been key for Cleveland with 19 hits, an OBP of .321 plus a slugging percentage of .367.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox’s 34 home runs rank fifth in Major League Baseball.
- Boston’s .252 batting average ranks 11th in the majors this season.
- The Red Sox have the 11th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.330).
- Boston ranks 13th in strikeouts per game (8.0) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 13 home contests this season.
- Boston has a team slugging percentage of .435 in home games this season with 44 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 9.2 base hits per game and batting .266 as a team at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has racked up 24 hits, a team-best for the Red Sox. He’s batting .238 and slugging .574 with an on-base percentage of .295.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 110th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 133rd and he is 12th in slugging.
- Alex Verdugo is slugging .466 to pace his team. He has a batting average of .311 with an on-base percentage of .377.
- His batting average is 19th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 40th, and he is 55th in slugging.
- Masataka Yoshida is hitting .276 with two doubles, four home runs and 10 walks.
- Justin Turner leads his team with a .381 OBP.
Guardians vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|Shane Bieber (CLE)||Pitcher||Nick Pivetta (BOS)|
|1 – 1||W/L||1 – 1|
Guardians vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Sam Hentges: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Red Sox: Adam Duvall: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Chris Martin: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), James Paxton: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Christian Arroyo: day-to-day (Hamstring)