Table of Contents
Brandon Drury takes a two-game home run streak into the Los Angeles Angels’ (14-12) matchup against the Milwaukee Brewers (16-9). The Brewers are moneyline favorites (-143) over the Angels (+122), and it begins at 8:10 PM ET on Friday at American Family Field. Milwaukee’s Wade Miley and Los Angeles’ Tyler Anderson will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Angels
- Game Day: Friday, April 28, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
How Do I Watch the Brewers vs. the Angels?
- TV Channel: BSWI
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers average 1.3 home runs per game to rank 10th in baseball with 32 total home runs.
- Milwaukee has the 15th-ranked batting average in MLB (.247).
- The Brewers are 14th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .325.
- Milwaukee strikes out 9.4 times per game, the No. 19 average in the majors.
- The Brewers have hit 21 homers at home this season (1.8 per game).
- Milwaukee is averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .466 in home contests.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .256 at home this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Rowdy Tellez leads Milwaukee in total hits (18) this season while batting .231 with 10 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .326 and a slugging percentage of .564.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, he is 123rd in batting average, 96th in on-base percentage, and 14th in slugging.
- Tellez has recorded at least one hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .188 with a double, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Brian Anderson has hit five homers this season while driving in 20 runs. He’s batting .276 this season and slugging .494 with an on-base percentage of .350.
- Among qualified batters, his batting average places him 53rd, his on-base percentage 70th, and his slugging percentage 45th.
- Willy Adames has 22 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .361.
- Christian Yelich has been key for Milwaukee with 22 hits, an OBP of .321 plus a slugging percentage of .354.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels’ 35 home runs rank fifth in Major League Baseball.
- Los Angeles ranks 11th in MLB with a .252 team batting average.
- The Angels are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .335.
- Los Angeles ranks 14th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 10 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 13 road contests this season.
- In 13 road games this season, it is slugging .352 with 30 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .239 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Hunter Renfroe leads the Angels with 27 hits. He’s batting .281 and slugging .573 with an on-base percentage of .352.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 43rd in batting average, 68th in on-base percentage and 12th in slugging percentage.
- Renfroe hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani is hitting .278 with four doubles, a triple, six home runs and 11 walks. He’s slugging .526 with an on-base percentage of .349.
- Including all qualified players, he is 49th in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging percentage.
- Mike Trout has a .405 on-base percentage and a .558 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Angels.
- Taylor Ward is hitting .224 with two doubles, three home runs and 14 walks.
Brewers vs. Angels Probable Pitchers
|Wade Miley (MIL)||Pitcher||Tyler Anderson (LAA)|
|3 – 1||W/L||1 – 0|
Brewers vs. Angels Injury Updates
- Brewers: Garrett Mitchell: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Tyrone Taylor: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Brandon Woodruff: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Gus Varland: 15 Day IL (Hand), Matt Bush: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Adrian Houser: 15 Day IL (Groin), Luis Urías: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Jason Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Justin Wilson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Aaron Ashby: 60 Day IL (Labrum)
- Angels: Logan O’Hoppe: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Jared Walsh: 10 Day IL (Headaches), Ryan Tepera: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)