Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (13-13) visit the Boston Red Sox (13-14) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. The Guardians are moneyline underdogs (+114) against the favored Red Sox (-133). Brayan Bello starts for Boston while Cleveland will counter with Zach Plesac.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Saturday, April 29, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: NESN
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox average 1.3 home runs per game to rank seventh in MLB action with 34 total home runs.
- Boston has the 12th-ranked batting average in MLB (.251).
- The Red Sox rank 12th in MLB with a .328 on-base percentage.
- Boston strikes out 7.9 times per game to rank 10th in MLB.
- The Red Sox have hit 15 home runs at home this season (1.1 per game).
- Boston has a .432 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .263 with 127 hits (9.1 per game) at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers leads Boston with 24 hits, batting .231 this season with 16 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .293 and a slugging percentage of .558.
- Among all qualifying batters in MLB, he ranks 130th in batting average, 144th in on-base percentage, and 15th in slugging.
- Alex Verdugo has hit three homers this season while driving in 13 runs. He’s batting .299 this season and slugging .449 with an on-base percentage of .364.
- He is 28th in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage and 68th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Masataka Yoshida has collected 22 base hits, an OBP of .366 and a slugging percentage of .463 this season.
- Yoshida takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .341 with two doubles, three home runs, three walks and 10 RBI.
- Justin Turner leads Boston in OBP (.376) this season, fueled by 27 hits.
- Turner enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a home run, three walks and three RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 15 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- Cleveland’s .231 batting average ranks 22nd in the majors this season.
- The Guardians have an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- Cleveland ranks second in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.4 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 14 road contests this season.
- In 14 road games this season, it is slugging .371 with 38 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .240 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has accumulated a team-high OBP (.388) and slugging percentage (.475), while pacing the Guardians in hits (27, while batting .273).
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 57th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and 51st in slugging percentage.
- Ramirez heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .353 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Steven Kwan’s .314 slugging percentage paces his team. He has a batting average of .265 with an on-base percentage of .369.
- He is 70th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 164th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Andres Gimenez has seven doubles, a home run and eight walks while hitting .253.
- Josh Bell is hitting .215 with nine doubles, two home runs and 16 walks.
Red Sox vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Brayan Bello (BOS)||Pitcher||Zach Plesac (CLE)|
|0 – 1||W/L||1 – 1|
Red Sox vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Adam Duvall: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Martin: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), James Paxton: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Christian Arroyo: day-to-day (Hamstring)
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Sam Hentges: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)