Table of Contents
The Texas Rangers (15-11) host the New York Yankees (15-12) on Saturday at 7:05 PM ET. The Rangers are favored (-159) against the underdog Yankees (+136). Texas’ Nathan Eovaldi and New York’s Jhony Brito pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Yankees
- Game Day: Saturday, April 29, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Yankees?
- TV Channel: BSSW
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank 10th in MLB action with 33 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Texas is seventh in MLB with a .258 batting average.
- The Rangers are fifth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Texas’ 8.8 strikeouts per game rank 13th in baseball.
- The Rangers average 1.5 homers per home game this season (21 total at home).
- Texas has a .462 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .271 with 127 hits (9.1 per game) at home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas with a slugging percentage of .490, fueled by 11 extra-base hits. He has a .288 batting average and an on-base percentage of .364.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 40th, his on-base percentage ranks 55th, and he is 47th in slugging.
- Semien hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Adolis Garcia is hitting .265 with four doubles, seven home runs and eight walks. He’s slugging .520 with an on-base percentage of .318.
- Among qualified batters, he is 70th in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage and 28th in slugging percentage.
- Nate Lowe has 27 hits this season and has a slash line of .257/.319/.438.
- Lowe has picked up a hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Jonah Heim leads Texas with 20 hits and an OBP of .370 this season.
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees’ 34 home runs rank seventh in Major League Baseball.
- New York’s .230 batting average ranks 23rd in the majors this season.
- The Yankees have an on-base percentage of .304 this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- New York ranks 17th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.0 home runs per game in their 11 road contests this season.
- New York is slugging .396 in 11 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.4 base hits per game and batting .248 on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Gleyber Torres has three doubles, a triple, four home runs and 17 walks while hitting .253. He’s slugging .448 with an on-base percentage of .371.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average is 91st, his on-base percentage ranks 44th, and he is 69th in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo leads his team with a .387 on-base percentage, and has a club-high .505 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .295.
- Including all qualified hitters, his batting average places him 34th, his on-base percentage ranks 25th, and he is 39th in slugging.
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees with 24 hits.
- DJ LeMahieu is hitting .265 with six doubles, a triple, three home runs and seven walks.
Rangers vs. Yankees Probable Pitchers
|Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)||Pitcher||Jhony Brito (NYY)|
|2 – 2||W/L||2 – 2|
Rangers vs. Yankees Injury Updates
- Rangers: Mitch Garver: 10 Day IL (Knee), Corey Seager: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Spencer Howard: 60 Day IL (Lat), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Glenn Otto: 60 Day IL (Lat), Jacob deGrom: day-to-day (Forearm)
- Yankees: Josh Donaldson: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Giancarlo Stanton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ben Rortvedt: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Harrison Bader: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Jonathan Loaisiga: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Lou Trivino: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Rodón: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Luis Severino: 15 Day IL (Lat), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tommy Kahnle: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Aaron Judge: day-to-day (Hip)