Table of Contents
Ronald Acuna Jr. leads the Atlanta Braves (18-9) into a matchup against Brandon Nimmo and the New York Mets (15-12) on Monday at 1:10 PM ET at Citi Field. Acuna is hitting .352, the third-best batting average in MLB, for the favored Braves (-115), and Nimmo ranks fifth in MLB play with a .330 batting average this season for the underdog Mets (-103). Atlanta has Spencer Strider starting things off, and New York will counter with Denyi Reyes.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Mets
- Game Day: Monday, May 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
How Do I Watch the Braves vs. the Mets?
- TV Channel: SNY
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves rank fourth-best in MLB play with 41 total home runs.
- Atlanta’s .255 batting average ranks 11th in the majors.
- The Braves are fifth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Atlanta strikes out 9.4 times per game to rank 17th in MLB.
- The Braves average 1.7 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (22 total in road contests).
- Atlanta has a .466 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.4 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .263 on the road this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Acuna leads Atlanta with an OBP of .444, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .546. He’s batting .352 on the season.
- Among qualified batters in MLB, he ranks third in batting average, third in on-base percentage, and 22nd in slugging.
- Matt Olson is hitting .252 with six doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 18 walks, while slugging .563 with an on-base percentage of .369.
- His batting average ranks 95th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 43rd, and his slugging percentage 15th.
- Ozzie Albies has 26 hits this season and has a slash line of .252/.304/.495.
- Sean Murphy leads Atlanta with 20 hits, batting .256 this season with 13 extra-base hits.
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets have hit 27 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- New York’s .240 batting average ranks 20th in the majors this season.
- The Mets have an on-base percentage of .332 this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- New York is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking second with an average of 7.7 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 10 home contests this season.
- New York is slugging .368 in 10 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .231 with 7.1 base hits per contest.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets with 27 hits. He’s batting .257 and slugging .562 with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 81st in batting average, 96th in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging percentage.
- Nimmo has a .435 on-base percentage while slugging .457. Both lead his team. He has a batting average of .330.
- Including all qualified players, he is fifth in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage and 65th in slugging percentage.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .218 with 11 doubles, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .298 with six doubles, a triple, a home run and 15 walks.
Braves vs. Mets Probable Pitchers
|Spencer Strider (ATL)||Pitcher||Denyi Reyes (NYM)|
|3 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Braves vs. Mets Injury Updates
- Braves: Orlando Arcia: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Lucas Luetge: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Raisel Iglesias: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Huascar Ynoa: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kolby Allard: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Tyler Matzek: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Travis d’Arnaud: 7 Day IL (Concussion)
- Mets: Omar Narváez: 10 Day IL (Calf), Tim Locastro: 10 Day IL (Back spasms), Brooks Raley: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Stephen Nogosek: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Uceta: 15 Day IL (Left ankle), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Verlander: 15 Day IL (Teres major), Stephen Ridings: 15 Day IL (Lat), Elieser Hernandez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib)