Table of Contents
The New York Mets (16-13) and the Detroit Tigers (10-17) meet on Wednesday to start a three-game series, with the first pitch at 1:40 PM ET at Comerica Park. New York’s Joey Lucchesi and Detroit’s Joey Wentz will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 3, 2023
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 19th in MLB play with 31 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- New York’s .242 batting average ranks 18th in the majors.
- The Mets rank eighth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .334.
- New York strikes out 7.8 times per game, the fourth-best mark in the majors.
- The Mets have hit 19 home runs away from home this season (1.1 per game).
- New York is slugging .392 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team is batting .245 with 142 hits (8.4 per game) on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in total hits (28) this season while batting .248 with 13 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .320 and a slugging percentage of .558.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is 98th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 109th, and he is 16th in slugging.
- Brandon Nimmo has a slash line of .320/.419/.456 this season and a team-best OPS of .876.
- Among all qualifying players, he is 10th in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and 66th in slugging percentage.
- Nimmo enters this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a triple and a walk.
- Jeff McNeil has 31 hits this season and has a slash line of .304/.418/.441.
- McNeil takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .412 with a triple, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .215 with a .325 OBP and 22 RBI for New York this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just 20 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .221 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .289.
- Detroit ranks 22nd with an average of 10 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 12 home contests this season.
- Detroit is slugging .372 in 12 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.7 base hits per game and batting .246 as a team at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Nick Maton is hitting .159 with three doubles, four home runs and 13 walks. He’s slugging .341 with an on-base percentage of .274.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, his batting average puts him 177th, his on-base percentage ranks 161st, and he is 147th in slugging.
- Spencer Torkelson is batting .206 with four doubles, two home runs and nine walks. He’s slugging .309 with an on-base percentage of .273.
- Including all qualified players, he is 165th in batting average, 164th in on-base percentage and 165th in slugging percentage.
- Javier Baez is batting .233 with five doubles and six walks.
- Matt Vierling has racked up 23 hits with a .341 on-base percentage to pace his team in both.
Mets vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Joey Lucchesi (NYM)||Pitcher||Joey Wentz (DET)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 3|
Mets vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Mets: Tim Locastro: 10 Day IL (Back spasms), Omar Narváez: 10 Day IL (Calf), Brooks Raley: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Verlander: 15 Day IL (Teres major), Edwin Uceta: 15 Day IL (Left ankle), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Stephen Ridings: 60 Day IL (Lat), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib)
- Tigers: Kerry Carpenter: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Trey Wingenter: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Beau Brieske: 15 Day IL (Arm), Matt Manning: 60 Day IL (Foot), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)