Table of Contents
The Miami Marlins (16-17) will try to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the Chicago Cubs (16-16) on Saturday at 2:20 PM ET. The Marlins (+150) are not projected to end the streak against the Cubs (-176). Drew Smyly starts for Chicago, and Bryan Hoeing is Miami’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Saturday, May 6, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Marlins?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average 1.3 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB play with 41 total home runs.
- Chicago ranks third in MLB with a .269 batting average.
- The Cubs are fifth in MLB with a .340 on-base percentage.
- Chicago strikes out 8.5 times per game, the No. 14 average in MLB.
- The Cubs have hit 22 home runs at home this season (1.3 per game).
- Chicago has a .418 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .256 with 144 hits (8.5 per game) at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has an OPS of .763, fueled by an OBP of .353 and a team-best slugging percentage of .410 this season. He has a .309 batting average.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, he ranks 21st in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage, and 97th in slugging.
- Hoerner hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Cody Bellinger is batting .297 with seven doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 11 walks. He’s slugging .568 with an on-base percentage of .365.
- He is 33rd in batting average, 51st in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging among qualified batters.
- Bellinger enters this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two doubles and a walk.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago with an OBP of .426 this season while batting .300 with 25 walks and 14 runs scored.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in total hits (25) this season while batting .229 with 16 extra-base hits.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit 28 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- Miami has a team batting average of .250 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an on-base percentage of .308 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- Miami ranks 18th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 14 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 16 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- Miami has a team slugging percentage of .394 in away games this season with 39 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .241 with 8.2 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has an on-base percentage of .504, a slugging percentage of .544, and has 45 hits, all club-highs for the Marlins (while batting .437).
- Including all qualifying players, he is first in batting average, while his on-base percentage is first and he is 26th in slugging.
- Arraez enters this matchup on an eight-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .457 with two doubles, five walks and three RBI.
- Jorge Soler is batting .212 with nine doubles, six home runs and 11 walks. He’s slugging .451 with an on-base percentage of .294.
- Including all qualified players, he ranks 156th in batting average, 145th in on-base percentage and 68th in slugging percentage.
- Jon Berti is hitting .271 with four doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Jazz Chisholm is hitting .229 with two doubles, a triple, five home runs and eight walks.
Cubs vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers
|Drew Smyly (CHC)||Pitcher||Bryan Hoeing (MIA)|
|3 – 1||W/L||0 – 1|
Cubs vs. Marlins Injury Updates
- Cubs: Brandon Hughes: 15 Day IL (Knee), Adrian Sampson: 15 Day IL (Right meniscus), Kyle Hendricks: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Yan Gomes: 7 Day IL (Concussion)
- Marlins: Garrett Cooper: 10 Day IL (Ear infection), Avisaíl García: 10 Day IL (Back), Joey Wendle: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Trevor Rogers: 15 Day IL (Forearm ), Johnny Cueto: 15 Day IL (Biceps), JT Chargois: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Nic Enright: 60 Day IL (Illness)