Table of Contents
The Pittsburgh Pirates (20-13) will look to Bryan Reynolds, who is currently on a 10-game hitting streak, when they square off against the Toronto Blue Jays (19-14). The Blue Jays are favored on the moneyline (-142) for this matchup against the Pirates (+121), which begins at 6:35 PM ET on Saturday at PNC Park. Toronto’s Jose Berrios starts against Pittsburgh’s Johan Oviedo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Saturday, May 6, 2023
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
How Do I Watch the Blue Jays vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: SportsNet PT
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays are 12th in MLB action with 37 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Toronto ranks 11th in MLB with a .254 batting average.
- The Blue Jays rank 10th in MLB with a .329 on-base percentage.
- Toronto strikes out 8.1 times per game, the 10th-best mark in baseball.
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 home runs per road game this season (25 total on the road).
- Toronto has a .409 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .250.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has seven doubles, seven home runs and 13 walks while hitting .318. He has an on-base percentage of .389 and a slugging percentage of .530.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks 13th in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage, and 30th in slugging.
- Guerrero will look for his sixth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .364 with two doubles, two home runs and six RBI.
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in slugging percentage (.529) thanks to 14 extra-base hits. He’s batting .329 with an on-base percentage of .369.
- He is seventh in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 31st in slugging in MLB.
- Bichette takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Matt Chapman has 41 hits and an OBP of .441, both of which lead the Blue Jays this season.
- Daulton Varsho has four home runs, 12 RBI and a batting average of .224 this season.
- Varsho takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .389 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates rank 15th in Major League Baseball with 35 home runs.
- Pittsburgh’s .252 batting average ranks 12th in the majors this season.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .333 this season, which ranks ninth in the league.
- Pittsburgh ranks 11th in strikeouts per game (8.1) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 12 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 14 home contests this season.
- Pittsburgh has a team slugging percentage of .402 in home games this season with 41 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .246 as a team at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Reynolds has accumulated a team-best .568 slugging percentage. He’s batting .322 with an on-base percentage of .361.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average puts him 12th, his on-base percentage is 59th, and he is 17th in slugging.
- Reynolds hopes to build on a 10-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .417 with nine doubles, four walks and six RBI.
- Carlos Santana has 11 doubles, two home runs and 15 walks while hitting .270. He’s slugging .423 with an on-base percentage of .352.
- His batting average ranks 67th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 67th, and he is 90th in slugging.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .238 with five doubles, six home runs and 17 walks.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .225 with eight doubles, two triples, a home run and 10 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|José Berríos (TOR)||Pitcher||Johan Oviedo (PIT)|
|2 – 3||W/L||2 – 2|
Blue Jays vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Blue Jays: Zach Pop: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Adam Cimber: 15 Day IL (Rhomboid), Mitchell White: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Chad Green: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Hyun-Jin Ryu: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Pirates: Vince Velásquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Rob Zastryzny: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Chase De Jong: 15 Day IL (Knee), Oneil Cruz: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Ji-Man Choi: 60 Day IL (Achilles), Wil Crowe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Andrew McCutchen: day-to-day (Ankle)