Table of Contents
The Chicago White Sox (11-22) visit the Cincinnati Reds (13-19) on Saturday at 6:40 PM ET. The White Sox are underdogs (+105) against the favored Reds (-124). Cincinnati’s Nick Lodolo and Chicago’s Mike Clevinger will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Saturday, May 6, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Reds vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: BSOH
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds have hit 22 home runs this season, the third-lowest total in MLB play.
- Cincinnati has the 16th-ranked batting average in MLB (.245).
- The Reds’ .322 on-base percentage ranks 13th in baseball.
- Cincinnati strikes out 9.2 times per game to rank 23rd in MLB.
- The Reds average 0.9 homers per home game this season (15 total at home).
- Cincinnati has a .395 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .252 with 130 hits (8.1 per game) at home this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India leads Cincinnati with an OBP of .374 this season while batting .280 with 16 walks and 23 runs scored. He has a slugging percentage of .398.
- He ranks 49th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage, and 104th in slugging among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- India hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a home run and two RBI.
- Jake Fraley is batting .239 with four doubles, two home runs and 15 walks. He’s slugging .352 with an on-base percentage of .352.
- Among qualifying batters, he ranks 116th in batting average, 67th in on-base percentage and 141st in slugging percentage.
- TJ Friedl has a team-high 34 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .439.
- Friedl heads into this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .438 with a double and an RBI.
- Nick Senzel has been key for Cincinnati with 20 hits, an OBP of .351 plus a slugging percentage of .443.
- Senzel heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with two home runs and three RBI.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox’s 33 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .234 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- The White Sox have an on-base percentage of .298 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- Chicago ranks 20th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 18 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 17 road contests this season.
- In 17 road games this season, it is slugging .365 with 48 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .221 with 7.6 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Andrew Vaughn has put up a team-best .353 on-base percentage. He’s batting .244 and slugging .403.
- He ranks 107th in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage and 100th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in MLB.
- Luis Robert leads his team with 29 hits. He has a batting average of .236 while slugging .463 with an on-base percentage of .304.
- His batting average is 125th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 138th, and he is 62nd in slugging.
- Andrew Benintendi has accumulated a slugging percentage of .310, a team-best for the White Sox.
- Eloy Jimenez has four doubles, four home runs and 10 walks while batting .258.
Reds vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Nick Lodolo (CIN)||Pitcher||Mike Clevinger (CHW)|
|2 – 1||W/L||2 – 2|
Reds vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Reds: Wil Myers: 10 Day IL (Undisclosed), Joey Votto: 10 Day IL (Bicep/shoulder), Fernando Cruz: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Connor Overton: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 60 Day IL (Back), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- White Sox: Jake Burger: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Romy Gonzalez: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Yoán Moncada: 10 Day IL (Back), Liam Hendriks: 15 Day IL (Illness), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)