Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (19-15) are looking for another big outing from a hitter when they match up against the Cleveland Guardians (15-18) on Sunday at 1:40 PM ET at Progressive Field. Max Kepler is riding a two-game home run streak for the favored Twins (-130) in the contest against the underdog Guardians (+109). Minnesota’s Joe Ryan and Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Sunday, May 7, 2023
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins are sixth-best in baseball with 45 total home runs.
- Minnesota has the third-worst batting average in MLB (.224).
- The Twins are 25th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .301.
- Minnesota’s hitters strike out 9.7 times per game, the 29th-most in MLB.
- The Twins have hit 24 homers away from home this season (1.3 per game).
- Minnesota is slugging .368 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the club averages 6.9 hits per game and is batting .204.
Twins Key Batters
- Byron Buxton leads Minnesota with 28 hits and an OBP of .341, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .535. He’s batting .246.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks 107th in batting average, 76th in on-base percentage, and 25th in slugging.
- Carlos Correa is hitting .200 with five doubles, a triple, five home runs and 13 walks. He’s slugging .391 with an on-base percentage of .279.
- He ranks 167th in batting average, 166th in on-base percentage and 108th in slugging in MLB.
- Kepler is batting .235 with a .469 slugging percentage and 12 RBI this year.
- Kepler has logged a hit or more in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Jose Miranda leads Minnesota with a slugging percentage of .320, fueled by six extra-base hits.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 18 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of just .223 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.302).
- Cleveland has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the third-best strikeout rate (7.8 per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 14 games at home this season, they’ve hit five homers, an average of 0.4 per contest.
- In 14 home games this season, it is slugging .315 with 35 hits going for extra bases.
- In 14 home games this season, they have a batting average of .210 while averaging 6.7 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has racked up a team-best OBP (.392) and slugging percentage (.441), while pacing the Guardians in hits (36, while batting .283).
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 47th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and 75th in slugging percentage.
- Ramirez enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with three walks.
- Steven Kwan has four doubles, a triple, a home run and 21 walks while batting .267. He’s slugging .336 with an on-base percentage of .364.
- Including all qualifying players, he ranks 69th in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 151st in slugging percentage.
- Josh Bell is batting .216 with nine doubles, three home runs and 21 walks.
- Andres Gimenez has seven doubles, two home runs and eight walks while hitting .224.
Twins vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Joe Ryan (MIN)||Pitcher||Cal Quantrill (CLE)|
|5 – 0||W/L||1 – 2|
Twins vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Twins: Kyle Farmer: 10 Day IL (Face), Kenta Maeda: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Caleb Thielbar: 15 Day IL (Oblique strain), Ronny Henriquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Royce Lewis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Gilberto Celestino: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)