Table of Contents
Bookmakers don’t expect the Detroit Tigers (15-17), at +164 on the moneyline, to add to their five-game winning streak when they take on the St. Louis Cardinals (10-24), at -195, on Sunday at 2:15 PM ET. St. Louis’ Steven Matz gets the start against Detroit’s Alex Faedo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Sunday, May 7, 2023
- Game Time: 2:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
How Do I Watch the Cardinals vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: BSMW
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals are 13th in MLB play with 38 total home runs.
- St. Louis is 10th in the majors with a .258 batting average.
- The Cardinals’ .328 on-base percentage is 11th in baseball.
- St. Louis strikes out 8.4 times per game, the No. 14 average in the majors.
- The Cardinals average 1.2 homers per game when playing at home this season (21 total in home outings).
- St. Louis has a .436 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 9.6 hits per game and is batting .273.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis with an OBP of .396, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .504. He’s batting .302 on the season.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 23rd, his on-base percentage ranks 20th, and he is 43rd in slugging.
- Tommy Edman has four doubles, a triple, five home runs and 12 walks. He’s batting .255 and slugging .461 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- He ranks 92nd in batting average, 82nd in on-base percentage and 65th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis in total hits (26) this season, and 12 of those have gone for extra bases.
- Willson Contreras is batting .268 with a .346 OBP and 14 RBI for St. Louis this season.
- Contreras enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with three doubles, two walks and three RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just 27 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .294 this season, which ranks last in the league.
- Detroit ranks 24th with an average of 9.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 17 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 11 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- Detroit has a team slugging percentage of .321 in away games this season with 41 extra-base hits.
- In 17 road games this season, they have a batting average of .210 while averaging 7.2 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has racked up an on-base percentage of .325 and has 28 hits, both team-best numbers for the Tigers. He’s batting .259 and slugging .389.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average is 86th, his on-base percentage is 102nd, and he is 109th in slugging.
- Baez hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with three home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Riley Greene paces his team with 34 hits and has a club-leading .389 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .270 with an on-base percentage of .319.
- His batting average ranks 64th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 116th, and he is 109th in slugging.
- Spencer Torkelson has six doubles, two home runs and nine walks while batting .214.
- Matt Vierling has six doubles, two home runs and seven walks while batting .260.
Cardinals vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Steven Matz (STL)||Pitcher||Alex Faedo (DET)|
|0 – 4||W/L||0 – 0|
Cardinals vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Cardinals: Tyler O’Neill: 10 Day IL (Back), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jack Flaherty: day-to-day (Hand), Nolan Gorman: day-to-day (Back)
- Tigers: Kerry Carpenter: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Trey Wingenter: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Beau Brieske: 15 Day IL (Arm), Matt Manning: 60 Day IL (Foot), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)