Table of Contents
Francisco Alvarez leads the New York Mets (17-19) into a contest against the Cincinnati Reds (15-20) after his two-home run performance in a 7-6 loss to the Reds. The Mets are favored on the moneyline (-167) in this game against the underdog Reds (+142), which begins at 6:40 PM ET on Wednesday. Justin Verlander starts for New York while Cincinnati will counter with Hunter Greene.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Reds
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: BSOH
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets are 15th in MLB action with 40 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- New York has the 22nd-ranked batting average in the majors (.236).
- The Mets rank 14th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .324.
- New York strikes out 7.6 times per game to rank fourth in MLB.
- The Mets average 1.2 homers per road game this season (26 total away from home).
- New York is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .392 on the road.
- The team averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .237 on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 32 hits, which is best among New York hitters this season, while batting .237 with 15 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .322 and a slugging percentage of .526.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 122nd in batting average, 107th in on-base percentage, and 28th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor has 12 doubles, six home runs and 15 walks. He’s batting .224 and slugging .448 with an on-base percentage of .323.
- He ranks 140th in batting average, 104th in on-base percentage and 67th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Brandon Nimmo is slashing .300/.400/.446 this season and leads the Mets with an OPS of .846.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .280 with a .384 OBP and 12 RBI for New York this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 27 home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- Cincinnati’s .248 batting average ranks 14th in the majors this season.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .324 this season, which ranks 14th in the league.
- Cincinnati ranks 19th in strikeouts per game (9.0) among MLB offenses.
- In 19 games at home this season, they’ve hit 20 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- Cincinnati is slugging .420 in 19 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.3 base hits per game and batting .256 as a team at home this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India has a .397 on-base percentage and a .465 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Reds. He’s batting .307.
- He ranks 22nd in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage and 60th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- India enters this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .368 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- TJ Friedl has 38 hits to lead his team. He has a batting average of .325 while slugging .496 with an on-base percentage of .370.
- He ranks seventh in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Spencer Steer is batting .252 with seven doubles, a triple, four home runs and 13 walks.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .268 with three doubles, three home runs and seven walks.
Mets vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Justin Verlander (NYM)||Pitcher||Hunter Greene (CIN)|
|0 – 1||W/L||0 – 2|
Mets vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Mets: Tim Locastro: 10 Day IL (Back), Jimmy Yacabonis: 15 Day IL (Quadricep), Brooks Raley: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Uceta: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Omar Narváez: 60 Day IL (Calf), Stephen Ridings: 60 Day IL (Lat), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib), Max Scherzer: day-to-day (Neck)
- Reds: Joey Votto: 10 Day IL (Bicep/shoulder), Reiver Sanmartin: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Fernando Cruz: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Connor Overton: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 60 Day IL (Back), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Fraley: day-to-day (Back)