Table of Contents
Amed Rosario leads the Cleveland Guardians (17-19) into a contest with the Detroit Tigers (16-19) after he totaled four hits in a 2-0 win over the Tigers. The Guardians are favored (-130) against the Tigers (+110) in this outing, which starts at 1:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Peyton Battenfield takes the mound first for Cleveland, and Eduardo Rodriguez is Detroit’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are last in MLB play with 19 home runs.
- Cleveland has the third-worst batting average in the majors (.223).
- The Guardians’ .299 on-base percentage is the third-worst in baseball.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.6 times per game, the third-fewest mark in the majors.
- The Guardians average 0.4 homers per game when playing at home this season (six total in home contests).
- Cleveland is averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .314 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 6.8 hits per game and is batting .212.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in OBP (.386) and total hits (38) this season. He’s batting .277 batting average while slugging .445.
- Among qualified hitters, he ranks 57th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 25th, and he is 70th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has hit one homers this season while driving in 12 runs. He’s batting .273 this season and slugging .350 with an on-base percentage of .365.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average ranks him 62nd, his on-base percentage 50th, and his slugging percentage 144th.
- Kwan has picked up at least one hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Josh Bell has collected 28 base hits, an OBP of .336 and a slugging percentage of .365 this season.
- Andres Gimenez has two home runs, eight RBI and a batting average of .214 this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just 30 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- Detroit has a team batting average of .233 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .298.
- Detroit ranks 25th in strikeouts per game (9.5) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 14 homers, an average of 0.7 per game, in 20 road contests this season.
- Detroit is slugging .334 in 20 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .221 on the road this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has five doubles, three home runs and eight walks while batting .246. He’s slugging .361 with an on-base percentage of .306.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 105th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 126th and he is 136th in slugging.
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .240 with eight doubles, three home runs and 10 walks. He’s slugging .372 with an on-base percentage of .299.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 112th in batting average, 140th in on-base percentage and 122nd in slugging percentage.
- Riley Greene has put up a team-high OBP (.329) and slugging percentage (.387), and leads the Tigers in hits (37).
- Zach McKinstry has five doubles, two home runs and 11 walks while hitting .260.
Guardians vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Peyton Battenfield (CLE)||Pitcher||Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)|
|0 – 3||W/L||3 – 2|
Guardians vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Tigers: Kerry Carpenter: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Trey Wingenter: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Beau Brieske: 15 Day IL (Arm), Matt Manning: 60 Day IL (Foot), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)