Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (17-19) and the Toronto Blue Jays (21-15) play on Wednesday at Citizens Bank Park, starting at 4:05 PM ET. The Phillies are moneyline favorites (-111), while the Blue Jays are -108 underdogs, despite being favored against the spread (1.5) with +157 odds. Zack Wheeler starts for Philadelphia while Toronto will counter with Kevin Gausman.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Blue Jays
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
How Do I Watch the Phillies vs. the Blue Jays?
- TV Channel: NBCS-PH
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 18th in MLB play with 39 total home runs.
- Philadelphia’s .266 batting average is fourth-best in MLB.
- The Phillies are 13th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .325.
- Philadelphia strikes out 8.9 times per game to rank 21st in MLB.
- The Phillies average 1.2 homers per game when playing at home this season (21 total in home outings).
- Philadelphia has a .439 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 9.1 hits per game and is batting .271 at home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Nicholas Castellanos has an OPS of .892, fueled by an OBP of .367 and a team-best slugging percentage of .525 this season. He has a .317 batting average.
- He is 10th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage, and 30th in slugging among all qualified hitters in baseball.
- Castellanos has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .350 with four doubles, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Alec Bohm has seven doubles, three home runs and 12 walks. He’s batting .278 and slugging .398 with an on-base percentage of .347.
- His batting average ranks 54th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 63rd, and his slugging percentage 105th.
- Brandon Marsh leads Philadelphia with 33 hits and an OBP of .418 this season.
- Trea Turner is batting .261 with a .311 OBP and 10 RBI for Philadelphia this season.
- Turner enters this game on a nine-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .233 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays’ 41 home runs rank 14th in Major League Baseball.
- Toronto’s .260 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking ninth in MLB.
- The Blue Jays are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking seventh with an OBP of .335.
- Toronto is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking eighth with an average of 8.1 strikeouts per game.
- In 24 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 29 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- Toronto has a team slugging percentage of .424 in away games this season with 81 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 9.2 base hits per game and batting .259 on the road this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Bo Bichette has a team-high .545 slugging percentage. He’s batting .331 with an on-base percentage of .372.
- He is sixth in batting average, 40th in on-base percentage and 19th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the big leagues.
- Bichette enters this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .348 with four doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has seven doubles, seven home runs and 15 walks while hitting .313. He’s slugging .522 with an on-base percentage of .396.
- He is currently 13th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and 31st in slugging percentage among all qualified batters.
- Matt Chapman has racked up an on-base percentage of .440 and has 45 hits, both team-best numbers for the Blue Jays.
- Daulton Varsho is hitting .240 with seven doubles, five home runs and 14 walks.
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Probable Pitchers
|Zack Wheeler (PHI)||Pitcher||Kevin Gausman (TOR)|
|3 – 2||W/L||2 – 3|
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Injury Updates
- Phillies: Darick Hall: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Cristian Pache: 10 Day IL (Knee), Andrew Bellatti: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Noah Song: 15 Day IL (Back), Ranger Suárez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Rafael Marchan: 60 Day IL (Hand), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl), Kyle Schwarber: day-to-day (Foot)
- Blue Jays: Zach Pop: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Adam Cimber: 15 Day IL (Rhomboid), Mitchell White: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Chad Green: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Hyun-Jin Ryu: 60 Day IL (Elbow), George Springer: day-to-day (Illness)