Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (29-8) and the Baltimore Orioles (23-13) square off on Wednesday at 6:35 PM ET to break a 1-1 series tie. The Rays are favored (-126) to win the matchup against the Orioles (+107). Jalen Beeks starts for Tampa Bay while Baltimore will counter with Dean Kremer.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Orioles?
- TV Channel: MASN
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Tampa Bay Rays have hit a league-leading 75 home runs, averaging 2.0 per game.
- Tampa Bay has an MLB-best .274 batting average.
- The Rays have a league-high .348 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay’s 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 17th in baseball.
- The Rays have hit 36 home runs away from home this season (2.4 per game).
- Tampa Bay has a .534 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.9 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team averages 10.5 hits per game and is batting .290 away from home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Wander Franco leads Tampa Bay in slugging percentage (.556) thanks to 21 extra-base hits. He has a .310 batting average and an on-base percentage of .369.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks 16th in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage, and 11th in slugging.
- Franco hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Yandy Diaz has 39 hits and an OBP of .432, both of which lead the Rays this season. He’s batting .320 and slugging .582.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average ranks him ninth, his on-base percentage seventh, and his slugging percentage sixth.
- Diaz takes a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, two home runs, nine walks and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has 43 hits this season and has a slash line of .321/.396/.575.
- Josh Lowe has seven home runs, 20 RBI and a batting average of .312 this season.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles’ 42 home runs rank 12th in Major League Baseball.
- Baltimore’s .253 batting average ranks 13th in the majors this season.
- The Orioles are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .333.
- Baltimore is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking 10th with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 15 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 15 home contests this season.
- Baltimore has a team slugging percentage of .405 in home games this season with 41 extra-base hits.
- In 15 home games this season, they have a batting average of .256 while averaging 8.2 base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins has seven doubles, two triples, four home runs and 21 walks while hitting .248. He’s slugging .426 with an on-base percentage of .353.
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks 102nd in batting average, 56th in on-base percentage and 81st in slugging percentage.
- Adley Rutschman has a .406 on-base percentage to pace his team. He has a batting average of .273 while slugging .424.
- His batting average is 62nd among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 12th, and he is 83rd in slugging.
- Ryan Mountcastle has put up a team-best .477 slugging percentage.
- Jorge Mateo has racked up 29 hits to pace his team.
Rays vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers
|Jalen Beeks (TB)||Pitcher||Dean Kremer (BAL)|
|1 – 2||W/L||3 – 1|
Rays vs. Orioles Injury Updates
- Rays: Garrett Cleavinger: 15 Day IL (Knee), Pete Fairbanks: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Tyler Glasnow: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shawn Armstrong: 60 Day IL (Neck), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Orioles: Ramón Urías: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Mychal Givens: 15 Day IL (Knee), Dillon Tate: 15 Day IL (Elbow), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow)