Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (20-18) visit the Cleveland Guardians (17-20) on Friday for game 1 of a three-game series, with the first pitch at 7:10 PM ET from Progressive Field. The favored Angels (-115) head into the matchup after a series loss to the Astros, and the underdog Guardians (-105) are coming off of a series loss to the Tigers. Tyler Anderson gets the starting nod for Los Angeles, and Logan Allen is Cleveland’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Friday, May 12, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels rank fifth-best in MLB action with 51 total home runs.
- Los Angeles ranks ninth in MLB with a .258 batting average.
- The Angels are ninth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Los Angeles strikes out 8.3 times per game to rank 13th in the majors.
- The Angels have hit 19 home runs away from home this season (1.0 per game).
- Los Angeles has a .378 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.2 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .255 with 167 hits (8.8 per game) on the road this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in slugging percentage (.529) and total hits (41) this season. He’s batting .293 with an on-base percentage of .363.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 33rd in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage, and 26th in slugging.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .257 with seven doubles, 10 home runs and 13 walks, while slugging .521 with an on-base percentage of .316.
- His batting average is 81st among qualified players, his on-base percentage 110th, and his slugging percentage 33rd.
- Mike Trout is batting .288 with a .525 slugging percentage and 20 RBI this year.
- Trout has picked up a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with .
- Anthony Rendon has 28 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .418.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 19 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of just .221 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .297 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Cleveland ranks third in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.6 Ks per contest.
- In 18 games at home this season, they’ve hit six homers, an average of 0.3 per contest.
- Cleveland has a team slugging percentage of .304 in home games this season with 40 extra-base hits.
- In 18 home games this season, they have a batting average of .208 while averaging 6.6 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has racked up 38 hits with a .376 on-base percentage, leading the Guardians in both categories. He’s batting .270 and slugging .433.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average places him 62nd, his on-base percentage is 33rd, and he is 74th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan’s .340 slugging percentage paces his team. He has a batting average of .265 with an on-base percentage of .357.
- Including all qualifying players, he ranks 66th in batting average, 57th in on-base percentage and 148th in slugging percentage.
- Josh Bell is batting .219 with nine doubles, three home runs and 24 walks.
- Andres Gimenez has seven doubles, two home runs and eight walks while batting .214.
Angels vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Anderson (LAA)||Pitcher||Logan Allen (CLE)|
|1 – 0||W/L||1 – 1|
Angels vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Angels: Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Jared Walsh: 10 Day IL (Headaches), José Suarez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Aaron Loup: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chad Wallach: 7 Day IL (Neck)
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)