Table of Contents
The Atlanta Braves (25-12) visit the Toronto Blue Jays (21-16) at 7:07 PM ET on Friday in a matchup of two of MLB’s most consistent batters. Ronald Acuna Jr. has a batting average of .347 (second in MLB) for the favored Braves (-150), while Matt Chapman ranks third in MLB play hitting .338 this season for the underdog Blue Jays (+130). Atlanta’s Spencer Strider starts against Toronto’s Chris Bassitt.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Blue Jays
- Game Day: Friday, May 12, 2023
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
How Do I Watch the Braves vs. the Blue Jays?
- TV Channel: SN1
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves are third in MLB action with 60 home runs. They average 1.6 per game.
- Atlanta has the seventh-best batting average in MLB (.262).
- The Braves’ .342 on-base percentage ranks third-best in MLB.
- Atlanta strikes out 9.1 times per game to rank 24th in MLB.
- The Braves have hit 35 homers away from home this season (1.9 per game).
- Atlanta is averaging 3.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .502 on the road.
- The team averages 9.4 hits per game and is batting .274 on the road this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Acuna leads Atlanta OPS (1.021) this season. He has a .347 batting average, an on-base percentage of .444, and a slugging percentage of .576.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is second in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Acuna has picked up at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Sean Murphy leads Atlanta in total hits (32) this season while batting .288 with 18 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .613 with an on-base percentage of .428.
- He is 38th in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and second in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Matt Olson has 34 hits this season and has a slash line of .243/.376/.536.
- Ozzie Albies has nine home runs, 27 RBI and a batting average of .272 this season.
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank 14th in Major League Baseball with 42 home runs.
- Toronto ranks 11th in MLB with a .256 team batting average.
- The Blue Jays are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking seventh with an OBP of .331.
- Toronto has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the seventh-best strikeout rate (8.2 per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 12 games at home this season, they’ve hit 12 homers, an average of 1.0 per contest.
- Toronto is slugging .406 in 12 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.7 base hits per game and batting .262 as a team at home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Bo Bichette has accumulated a team-best .538 slugging percentage. He’s batting .329 with an on-base percentage of .369.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is sixth in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 46th and he is 19th in slugging.
- Bichette enters this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .364 with four doubles, three home runs, three walks and nine RBI.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has eight doubles, seven home runs and 15 walks while hitting .312. He’s slugging .522 with an on-base percentage of .392.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is 13th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging percentage.
- Chapman has accumulated an on-base percentage of .429 and has 45 hits, both team-best figures for the Blue Jays.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .233 with seven doubles, five home runs and 14 walks.
Braves vs. Blue Jays Probable Pitchers
|Spencer Strider (ATL)||Pitcher||Chris Bassitt (TOR)|
|4 – 0||W/L||4 – 2|
Braves vs. Blue Jays Injury Updates
- Braves: Ehire Adrianza: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Max Fried: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Lucas Luetge: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Kyle Wright: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Huascar Ynoa: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kolby Allard: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Tyler Matzek: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Blue Jays: Zach Pop: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Adam Cimber: 15 Day IL (Rhomboid), Mitchell White: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Chad Green: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Hyun-Jin Ryu: 60 Day IL (Elbow), George Springer: day-to-day (Illness)