Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (21-19) and the Cleveland Guardians (18-21) play on Sunday at 11:35 AM ET with the series tied 1-1. The Angels are favored (-110) to win the rubber match against the Guardians (-109). Los Angeles’ Patrick Sandoval and Cleveland’s Tanner Bibee will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Sunday, May 14, 2023
- Game Time: 11:35 AM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: Peacock
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels average 1.3 home runs per game to rank sixth in baseball with 53 total home runs.
- Los Angeles’ .260 batting average is seventh-best in the majors.
- The Angels’ .332 on-base percentage is eighth-best in MLB.
- Los Angeles’ 8.3 strikeouts per game rank 11th in the majors.
- The Angels average one homers per road game this season (21 total away from home).
- Los Angeles has a .387 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team averages nine hits per game and is batting .260 on the road this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles with 42 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .521. He’s batting .288 with an on-base percentage of .364.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks 37th in batting average, 40th in on-base percentage, and 27th in slugging.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .260 with seven doubles, 10 home runs and 13 walks. He’s slugging .507 with an on-base percentage of .315.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average places him 87th, his on-base percentage 112th, and his slugging percentage 35th.
- Renfroe brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Mike Trout has collected 41 base hits, an OBP of .367 and a slugging percentage of .510 this season.
- Anthony Rendon leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .415 this season while batting .301 with 19 walks and 19 runs scored.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit just 22 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of just .227 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.303).
- Cleveland has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the second-best strikeout rate (7.5 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit nine homers, an average of 0.5 per game, in 20 home contests this season.
- In 20 home games this season, it is slugging .338 with 51 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .222 with 7.1 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has racked up an on-base percentage of .360, a slugging percentage of .453, and has 42 hits, all club-bests for the Guardians (while batting .284).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average is 41st, his on-base percentage ranks 47th, and he is 67th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan leads his team with a .360 on-base percentage, and has a club-high .351 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .273.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 53rd in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 148th in slugging percentage.
- Josh Bell is batting .222 with nine doubles, three home runs and 25 walks.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .231 with seven doubles, a triple, three home runs and seven walks.
Angels vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Patrick Sandoval (LAA)||Pitcher||Tanner Bibee (CLE)|
|3 – 1||W/L||1 – 1|
Angels vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Angels: Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Jared Walsh: 10 Day IL (Headaches), Austin Warren: 15 Day IL (Elbow), José Suarez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Aaron Loup: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chad Wallach: 7 Day IL (Neck), Anthony Rendon: day-to-day (Groin)
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mike Zunino: day-to-day (Neck)