Table of Contents
Nolan Arenado brings a two-game home run streak into the St. Louis Cardinals’ (15-25) matchup with the Boston Red Sox (22-18). The Cardinals are the moneyline favorite (-123) in this contest with the Red Sox (+103), which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Sunday at Fenway Park. Miles Mikolas starts for St. Louis while Boston will counter with Corey Kluber.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Sunday, May 14, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Cardinals vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: ESPN
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank 10th-best in MLB action with 49 total home runs.
- St. Louis ranks eighth in MLB with a .257 batting average.
- The Cardinals are 11th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .327.
- St. Louis strikes out 8.2 times per game to rank 10th in baseball.
- The Cardinals average 1.1 homers per road game this season (24 total away from home).
- St. Louis is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .396 away from home.
- The team is batting .242 with 172 hits (8.2 per game) on the road this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis with an OBP of .392, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .535. He’s batting .310 on the season.
- Among all qualified batters, he is 15th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 17th, and he is 16th in slugging.
- Nolan Gorman has 30 hits, which leads St. Louis batters this season. He’s batting .268 with 15 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .563 with an on-base percentage of .357.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him 66th, his on-base percentage 55th, and his slugging percentage sixth.
- Gorman has picked up at least one hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .308 with a double, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Arenado has 39 hits this season and has a slash line of .252/.299/.387.
- Arenado has logged a hit or more in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .318 with a triple, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Willson Contreras has been key for St. Louis with 35 hits, an OBP of .338 plus a slugging percentage of .404.
- Contreras heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .263 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox’s 51 home runs rank eighth in Major League Baseball.
- Boston’s .269 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking third in MLB.
- The Red Sox are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .340.
- Boston has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the sixth-best strikeout rate (7.9 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 29 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 22 home contests this season.
- Boston has a team slugging percentage of .488 in home games this season with 89 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .295 with 10.4 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Alex Verdugo has a .487 slugging percentage, which leads the Red Sox. He’s batting .299 with an on-base percentage of .372.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 28th in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage and 48th in slugging percentage.
- Rafael Devers paces his team with 38 hits. He has a batting average of .248 while slugging .529 with an on-base percentage of .299.
- He ranks 100th in batting average, 136th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Masataka Yoshida has accumulated a team-high .390 on-base percentage.
- Justin Turner has nine doubles, three home runs and 20 walks while hitting .272.
Cardinals vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|Miles Mikolas (STL)||Pitcher||Corey Kluber (BOS)|
|1 – 1||W/L||2 – 4|
Cardinals vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Cardinals: Tyler O’Neill: 10 Day IL (Back), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Red Sox: Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Christian Arroyo: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Kutter Crawford: 15 Day IL (Knee), Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adam Duvall: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)