Table of Contents
The New York Mets (19-20) and the Washington Nationals (16-22) meet on Sunday at 12:35 PM ET. The Mets are moneyline favorites (-206) against the underdog Nationals (+173). New York has Joey Lucchesi starting things off, and Washington counters with Trevor Williams.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Sunday, May 14, 2023
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: MASN
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 18th in MLB play with 41 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- New York is 21st in the majors with a .237 batting average.
- The Mets are 12th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .324.
- New York strikes out 7.6 times per game to rank third in MLB.
- The Mets average 1.1 home runs per road game this season (27 total away from home).
- New York is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .381 away from home.
- The team is batting .238 with 193 hits (eight per game) on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 34 hits, which ranks first among New York hitters this season, while batting .234 with 16 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .331 and a slugging percentage of .524.
- Among qualified hitters, he ranks 118th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 85th, and he is 25th in slugging.
- Brandon Nimmo has a slash line of .317/.414/.451 this season and a team-best OPS of .865.
- He ranks seventh in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Nimmo heads into this matchup looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .316 with three walks and an RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has 33 hits this season and has a slash line of .223/.314/.426.
- Lindor takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .227 with a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has two home runs, 12 RBI and a batting average of .273 this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals’ 24 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- Washington ranks 11th in MLB with a .255 team batting average.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .318 this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- Washington has the fewest strikeouts in MLB, fanning only seven times per game on average.
- They have averaged 0.5 home runs per game in their 19 home contests this season.
- Washington is slugging .333 in 19 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .242 with 7.9 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Luis Garcia is hitting .258 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 10 walks. He’s slugging .387 with an on-base percentage of .309.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average places him 90th, his on-base percentage ranks 122nd, and he is 114th in slugging.
- Lane Thomas has collected 38 hits to lead his team. He has a batting average of .273 while slugging .403 with an on-base percentage of .329.
- He is currently 53rd in batting average, 89th in on-base percentage and 99th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Alex Call is batting .238 with five doubles, three home runs and 17 walks.
- Joey Meneses leads his team with a .369 slugging percentage.
Mets vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Joey Lucchesi (NYM)||Pitcher||Trevor Williams (WSH)|
|1 – 0||W/L||1 – 1|
Mets vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Mets: Tim Locastro: 10 Day IL (Back), Tomás Nido: 10 Day IL (Eye), Jimmy Yacabonis: 15 Day IL (Quadricep), Brooks Raley: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Uceta: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Omar Narváez: 60 Day IL (Calf), Stephen Ridings: 60 Day IL (Lat), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib), Max Scherzer: day-to-day (Neck)
- Nationals: Victor Robles: 10 Day IL (Back), Corey Dickerson: 10 Day IL (Calf), Israel Pineda: 10 Day IL (Finger), Chad Kuhl: 15 Day IL (Foot), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)