Table of Contents
Dominic Fletcher takes a two-game home run streak into the Arizona Diamondbacks’ (22-18) matchup with the San Francisco Giants (17-22). The Giants are favored on the moneyline (-139) over the Diamondbacks (+118), and it begins at 4:10 PM ET on Sunday at Chase Field. San Francisco’s Logan Webb gets the start against Arizona’s Brandon Pfaadt.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Sunday, May 14, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Giants vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: BSAZ
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank third-best in MLB action with 61 total home runs.
- San Francisco’s .242 batting average ranks 16th in the majors.
- The Giants are 16th in MLB with a .319 on-base percentage.
- San Francisco strikes out 9.6 times per game, the fourth-worst average in MLB.
- The Giants have hit 36 home runs on the road this season (1.9 per game).
- San Francisco has a .451 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .245.
Giants Key Batters
- Thairo Estrada has an OPS of .837, fueled by an OBP of .360 and a team-best slugging percentage of .477 this season. He has a .309 batting average.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 18th, his on-base percentage ranks 47th, and he is 53rd in slugging.
- LaMonte Wade Jr leads the Giants in OBP (.439) and total hits (30) this season. He’s batting .278 while slugging .528.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him 46th, his on-base percentage first, and his slugging percentage 22nd.
- Wade takes a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last 10 games he is batting .314 with a double, a home run, six walks and five RBI.
- J.D. Davis has collected 36 base hits, an OBP of .368 and a slugging percentage of .500 this season.
- Wilmer Flores has been key for San Francisco with 25 hits, an OBP of .303 plus a slugging percentage of .475.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit 42 homers this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- Arizona has a team batting average of .273 this season, which ranks second among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .333.
- Arizona ranks fourth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.5 Ks per contest.
- In 23 games at home this season, they’ve hit 22 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- Arizona has a team slugging percentage of .458 in home games this season with 79 extra-base hits.
- In 23 home games this season, they have a batting average of .289 while averaging 9.8 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker is hitting .266 with eight doubles, nine home runs and 11 walks. He’s slugging .510 with an on-base percentage of .316.
- He ranks 69th in batting average, 110th in on-base percentage and 32nd in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in the big leagues.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr.’s 40 hits, .366 on-base percentage and .519 slugging percentage are all team-highs. He has a batting average of .310.
- Including all qualifying players, his batting average places him 15th, his on-base percentage is 39th, and he is 28th in slugging.
- Ketel Marte has eight doubles, three triples, five home runs and 12 walks while hitting .270.
- Corbin Carroll is batting .291 with 10 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 12 walks.
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Logan Webb (SF)||Pitcher||Brandon Pfaadt (ARI)|
|3 – 5||W/L||0 – 1|
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Giants: Brandon Crawford: 10 Day IL (Calf), Mike Yastrzemski: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Austin Slater: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Luke Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis González: 60 Day IL (Back), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Left arm), Anthony DeSclafani: day-to-day (Undisclosed), Joc Pederson: day-to-day (Hand)
- Diamondbacks: Kyle Lewis: 10 Day IL (Illness), Carson Kelly: 10 Day IL (Forearm), Joe Mantiply: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Zach Davies: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)