Table of Contents
Both the Cleveland Guardians (19-21) and the Chicago White Sox (14-28) will look for another big outing from batters when the teams match up on Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET at Guaranteed Rate Field. Josh Naylor is riding a three-game home run streak for the favored Guardians (-124), and Luis Robert has also hit home runs in three games in a row for the underdog White Sox (+105). Shane Bieber starts for Cleveland, and Lance Lynn is Chicago’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 16, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are last in MLB action with 23 home runs.
- Cleveland has the third-worst batting average in MLB (.227).
- The Guardians rank 27th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .302.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.5 times per game to rank second in the majors.
- The Guardians have hit 13 home runs away from home this season (0.7 per game).
- Cleveland is averaging 2.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .343 away from home.
- On the road this season the club averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .232.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in OBP (.364), slugging percentage (.457) and total hits (43) this season. He has a .285 batting average.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, he ranks 41st in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage, and 62nd in slugging.
- Ramirez will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .313 with three doubles, three walks and three RBI.
- Steven Kwan has hit one homers this season while driving in 12 runs. He’s batting .274 this season and slugging .350 with an on-base percentage of .359.
- He ranks 56th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and 143rd in slugging in the majors.
- Kwan heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with two doubles and two walks.
- Naylor has 27 hits this season and has a slash line of .214/.271/.389.
- Naylor brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .294 with three home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Josh Bell has three home runs, 18 RBI and a batting average of .223 this season.
- Bell brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .188 with four walks and two RBI.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 16th in Major League Baseball with 44 home runs.
- Chicago’s .237 batting average ranks 22nd in the majors this season.
- The White Sox are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .300.
- Chicago ranks 14th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 19 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 19 home contests this season.
- In 19 home games this season, it is slugging .388 with 54 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.4 base hits per game and batting .245 as a team at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Robert has racked up 42 hits with a .335 on-base percentage and a .562 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the White Sox. He’s batting .275.
- He is 55th in batting average, 77th in on-base percentage and ninth in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Robert takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .368 with two doubles, three home runs and six RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .236 with 12 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 17 walks. He’s slugging .401 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Including all qualified players, he is 114th in batting average, 99th in on-base percentage and 99th in slugging percentage.
- Andrew Benintendi has 10 doubles and 13 walks while batting .267.
- Yasmani Grandal is batting .270 with nine doubles, three home runs and 12 walks.
Guardians vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Shane Bieber (CLE)||Pitcher||Lance Lynn (CHW)|
|3 – 1||W/L||1 – 5|
Guardians vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- White Sox: Eloy Jiménez: 10 Day IL (Appendix), Elvis Andrus: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Billy Hamilton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Liam Hendriks: 15 Day IL (Illness), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Yasmani Grandal: day-to-day (Hamstring)