Table of Contents
A pair of the league’s top hitters go head-to-head when the New York Mets (20-22) and the Tampa Bay Rays (31-11) play at 7:10 PM ET on Tuesday at Citi Field. Brandon Nimmo has a .316 batting average (eighth in MLB) for the favored Mets (-161), and Yandy Diaz ranks fifth in MLB action hitting .321 this season for the underdog Rays (+139). New York has Justin Verlander starting, and Tampa Bay will counter with Jalen Beeks.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Rays
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 16, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Rays?
- TV Channel: SNY
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets are 22nd in baseball with 41 total home runs.
- New York has the 16th-ranked batting average in the majors (.241).
- The Mets’ .324 on-base percentage ranks 12th in baseball.
- New York strikes out 7.5 times per game to rank fourth in the majors.
- The Mets average 0.9 homers per home game this season (14 total at home).
- New York is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .383 at home.
- The team averages 7.3 hits per game and is batting .234 at home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 36 hits, batting .232 this season with 16 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .335 and a slugging percentage of .503.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 123rd, his on-base percentage ranks 77th, and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Nimmo has a slash line of .316/.404/.445 this season and a team-best OPS of .850.
- He is eighth in batting average, 10th in on-base percentage and 68th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Nimmo has picked up a hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .359 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has collected 36 base hits, an OBP of .308 and a slugging percentage of .422 this season.
- Lindor enters this matchup with two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with two doubles and four RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has two home runs, 14 RBI and a batting average of .270 this season.
- McNeil enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .227 with two RBI.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays lead Major League Baseball in home runs with 81.
- Tampa Bay ranks first in the majors with a .275 team batting average.
- The Rays get on base at a .349 clip, best in the league.
- Tampa Bay ranks 16th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 2.1 home runs per game in their 20 road contests this season.
- In 20 road games this season, it is slugging .512 with 75 hits going for extra bases.
- In 20 road games this season, they have a batting average of .288 while averaging 10.5 base hits per contest.
Rays Key Batters
- Diaz has accumulated an on-base percentage of .429 and has 45 hits, both team-best numbers for the Rays. He’s batting .321 and slugging .593.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks fifth in batting average, third in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage.
- Diaz brings a 12-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .306 with three doubles, two home runs, five walks and seven RBI.
- Wander Franco is slugging .521 to pace his team. He has a batting average of .301 with an on-base percentage of .354.
- He is 23rd in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Randy Arozarena is batting .320 with five doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 17 walks.
- Josh Lowe is hitting .306 with eight doubles, nine home runs and 10 walks.
Mets vs. Rays Probable Pitchers
|Justin Verlander (NYM)||Pitcher||Jalen Beeks (TB)|
|1 – 1||W/L||1 – 2|
Mets vs. Rays Injury Updates
- Mets: Tomás Nido: 10 Day IL (Eye), Tim Locastro: 10 Day IL (Back), Jimmy Yacabonis: 15 Day IL (Quadricep), Edwin Uceta: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Omar Narváez: 60 Day IL (Calf), Stephen Ridings: 60 Day IL (Lat), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib)
- Rays: Tyler Glasnow: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor strain), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shawn Armstrong: 60 Day IL (Neck), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Yandy Díaz: day-to-day (Groin)