Table of Contents
The Baltimore Orioles (27-15) host the Los Angeles Angels (22-21) on Wednesday at 6:35 PM ET. The Orioles are favored (-141) against the underdog Angels (+120). Baltimore has Kyle Bradish starting things off, while Los Angeles counters with Griffin Canning.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Angels
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 17, 2023
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
How Do I Watch the Orioles vs. the Angels?
- TV Channel: MASN2
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles are 12th in baseball with 50 total home runs.
- Baltimore has the 13th-ranked batting average in MLB (.249).
- The Orioles’ .328 on-base percentage ranks 10th-best in MLB.
- Baltimore strikes out 8.3 times per game, the ninth-fewest mark in baseball.
- The Orioles average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (23 total in home outings).
- Baltimore is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .409 in home contests.
- The club is batting .246 with 165 hits (7.9 per game) at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins is batting .260 with eight doubles, three triples, six home runs and 21 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .349 and a slugging percentage of .468.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 84th, his on-base percentage ranks 60th, and he is 57th in slugging.
- Adley Rutschman has 43 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .405. He’s batting .285 and slugging .444.
- His batting average ranks 43rd among qualified players, his on-base percentage ninth, and his slugging percentage 72nd.
- Rutschman has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .375 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Ryan Mountcastle leads Baltimore in slugging percentage (.483) and total hits (44) this season.
- Jorge Mateo has been key for Baltimore with 30 hits, an OBP of .307 plus a slugging percentage of .470.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 56 homers this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- Los Angeles’ .261 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Angels are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .330.
- Los Angeles ranks 12th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- In 24 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 24 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- In 24 road games this season, it is slugging .392 with 60 hits going for extra bases.
- In 24 road games this season, they have a batting average of .262 while averaging 9.1 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has accumulated 47 hits with a .369 on-base percentage and a .541 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Angels. He’s batting .296.
- He is 24th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage and 13th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Hunter Renfroe has nine doubles, 10 home runs and 14 walks while batting .256. He’s slugging .500 with an on-base percentage of .313.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 88th in batting average, 120th in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging percentage.
- Mike Trout is batting .274 with 10 doubles, eight home runs and 18 walks.
- Taylor Ward has four doubles, four home runs and 17 walks while batting .244.
Orioles vs. Angels Probable Pitchers
|Kyle Bradish (BAL)||Pitcher||Griffin Canning (LAA)|
|1 – 1||W/L||2 – 1|
Orioles vs. Angels Injury Updates
- Orioles: Ramón Urías: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Mychal Givens: 15 Day IL (Knee), Dillon Tate: 15 Day IL (Elbow), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Angels: Anthony Rendon: 10 Day IL (Groin), Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Jared Walsh: 10 Day IL (Headaches), Austin Warren: 15 Day IL (Elbow), José Suarez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Aaron Loup: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Tucker Davidson: day-to-day (Leg)