Table of Contents
The Chicago White Sox (15-28) will look to Luis Robert, who is on a four-game home run streak, when they face the Cleveland Guardians (19-22). The White Sox are favored (-136) for this matchup against the Guardians (+116), which begins at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday at Guaranteed Rate Field. Chicago’s Mike Clevinger and Cleveland’s Peyton Battenfield pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 17, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
How Do I Watch the White Sox vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 15th in MLB action with 47 total home runs.
- Chicago’s .242 batting average ranks 16th in the majors.
- The White Sox’s .303 on-base percentage is the fourth-worst in MLB.
- Chicago strikes out 8.4 times per game, the No. 15 average in MLB.
- The White Sox average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (22 total in home outings).
- Chicago is slugging .406 with three extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .254 at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Robert leads Chicago with 43 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .573. He’s batting .274 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Among all qualifying batters in baseball, he is 58th in batting average, 82nd in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging.
- Robert hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .421 with two doubles, four home runs and seven RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has 13 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 17 walks. He’s batting .242 and slugging .410 with an on-base percentage of .332.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is 111th in batting average, 91st in on-base percentage and 100th in slugging percentage.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .272 with a .338 slugging percentage and nine RBI this year.
- Benintendi takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with three doubles and three walks.
- Jake Burger has been key for Chicago with 19 hits, an OBP of .329 plus a slugging percentage of .680.
- Burger takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a double, two home runs and five RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit just 23 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .301 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- Cleveland ranks second in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.5 Ks per contest.
- In 20 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 13 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- Cleveland is slugging .343 in 20 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .234 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Steven Kwan has a .356 slugging percentage, which paces the Guardians. He’s batting .275 with an on-base percentage of .357.
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, his batting average places him 54th, his on-base percentage ranks 48th, and he is 147th in slugging.
- Kwan hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Josh Naylor is batting .219 with four doubles, six home runs and 11 walks. He’s slugging .391 with an on-base percentage of .275.
- He is 150th in batting average, 162nd in on-base percentage and 115th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Josh Bell is batting .224 with nine doubles, three home runs and 25 walks.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .234 with seven doubles, a triple, three home runs and seven walks.
White Sox vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Mike Clevinger (CHW)||Pitcher||Peyton Battenfield (CLE)|
|2 – 3||W/L||0 – 4|
White Sox vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- White Sox: Billy Hamilton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Elvis Andrus: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Eloy Jiménez: 10 Day IL (Appendix), Liam Hendriks: 15 Day IL (Illness), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Naylor: day-to-day (Leg)