Table of Contents
The Baltimore Orioles (28-15) host the Los Angeles Angels (22-22) on Thursday at 12:35 PM ET. The Orioles are favored (-150) against the underdog Angels (+128). Baltimore has Tyler Wells starting, while Los Angeles will send out Tyler Anderson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Angels
- Game Day: Thursday, May 18, 2023
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
How Do I Watch the Orioles vs. the Angels?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles are 12th in MLB action with 51 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Baltimore ranks 13th in the majors with a .251 batting average.
- The Orioles’ .329 on-base percentage is eighth-best in MLB.
- Baltimore’s hitters strike out 8.2 times per game, the eighth-lowest average in MLB.
- The Orioles average 1.1 homers per home game this season (24 total at home).
- Baltimore is slugging .414 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .250 with 176 hits (eight per game) at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins is hitting .261 with eight doubles, three triples, six home runs and 22 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .352 and a slugging percentage of .465.
- He is 83rd in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage, and 58th in slugging among all qualifying batters in the majors.
- Adley Rutschman leads Baltimore with an OBP of .402 this season while batting .284 with 32 walks and 21 runs scored. He’s slugging .445.
- He is 42nd in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging in MLB.
- Rutschman enters this game looking to extend his three-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with a double, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Ryan Mountcastle leads Baltimore in slugging percentage (.478) powered by 21 extra-base hits.
- Mountcastle has picked up a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .176 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Jorge Mateo is batting .261 with a .307 OBP and 22 RBI for Baltimore this season.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 57 homers this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- Los Angeles has a team batting average of .258 this season, which ranks ninth among MLB teams.
- The Angels are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking 10th with an OBP of .327.
- Los Angeles ranks 12th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.3 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 25 road contests this season.
- In 25 road games this season, it is slugging .387 with 61 hits going for extra bases.
- In 25 road games this season, they have a batting average of .258 while averaging 8.9 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has accumulated a slugging percentage of .528 and has 47 hits, both team-high marks for the Angels. He’s batting .288 and with an on-base percentage of .361.
- He ranks 37th in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 18th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .250 with nine doubles, 10 home runs and 14 walks. He’s slugging .488 with an on-base percentage of .306.
- Including all qualifying players, he ranks 97th in batting average, 131st in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage.
- Mike Trout a has .364 on-base percentage to pace the Angels.
- Taylor Ward has four doubles, four home runs and 17 walks while batting .239.
Orioles vs. Angels Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Wells (BAL)||Pitcher||Tyler Anderson (LAA)|
|3 – 1||W/L||1 – 0|
Orioles vs. Angels Injury Updates
- Orioles: Ramón Urías: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Mychal Givens: 15 Day IL (Knee), Dillon Tate: 15 Day IL (Elbow), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Angels: Anthony Rendon: 10 Day IL (Groin), Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Jared Walsh: 10 Day IL (Headaches), Austin Warren: 15 Day IL (Elbow), José Suarez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Aaron Loup: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Tucker Davidson: day-to-day (Leg)