Table of Contents
The Miami Marlins (22-21) have a 2-0 series lead and will go for a sweep of the Washington Nationals (18-25) on Thursday at LoanDepot park. The Marlins are favored (-151) against the underdog Nationals (+129) in the matchup, which begins at 1:10 PM ET. Miami’s Eury Perez and Washington’s Trevor Williams will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Thursday, May 18, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: LoanDepot park
How Do I Watch the Marlins vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: BSFL
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins rank 24th in MLB play with 39 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- Miami ranks 14th in MLB with a .250 batting average.
- The Marlins are 26th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .306.
- Miami strikes out 8.6 times per game, the No. 13 mark in MLB.
- The Marlins average 0.8 homers per game when playing at home this season (18 total in home contests).
- Miami is slugging .386 with 2.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .262.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Miami with an OBP of .444, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .486. He’s batting .389 on the season.
- He ranks first in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and 49th in slugging among all qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Arraez hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .333 with three doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Jorge Soler leads Miami in total hits (36) this season while batting .240 with 20 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .520 with an on-base percentage of .321.
- He ranks 113th in batting average, 111th in on-base percentage and 23rd in slugging in the majors.
- Soler enters this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Jon Berti is batting .270 with a .361 slugging percentage and eight RBI this year.
- Berti brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double.
- Bryan De La Cruz has three home runs, 14 RBI and a batting average of .288 this season.
- De La Cruz has safely hit in 11 games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is batting .385 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 28 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Washington ranks eighth in MLB with a .260 team batting average.
- The Nationals have the 13th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.324).
- Washington is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking second with an average of 7.2 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 21 road contests this season.
- In 21 road games this season, it is slugging .383 with 47 hits going for extra bases.
- In 21 road games this season, they have a batting average of .267 while averaging 9.3 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Luis Garcia has five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 11 walks while batting .262. He’s slugging .372 with an on-base percentage of .310.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, he is 80th in batting average, 122nd in on-base percentage and 129th in slugging percentage.
- Lane Thomas has racked up 45 hits to pace his team. He has a batting average of .281 while slugging .425 with an on-base percentage of .337.
- His batting average is 46th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 78th, and he is 83rd in slugging.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .247 with 11 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 12 walks.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .236 with six doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
Marlins vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Eury Pérez (MIA)||Pitcher||Trevor Williams (WSH)|
|0 – 0||W/L||1 – 1|
Marlins vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Marlins: Jazz Chisholm: 10 Day IL (Toe), Jesús Sánchez: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Avisaíl García: 10 Day IL (Back), A.J. Puk: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Rogers: 15 Day IL (Forearm ), Johnny Cueto: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Nic Enright: 60 Day IL (Illness)
- Nationals: Victor Robles: 10 Day IL (Back), Israel Pineda: 10 Day IL (Finger), Chad Kuhl: 15 Day IL (Foot), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)