Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (24-23) host the Minnesota Twins (25-21) at 4:07 PM ET on Sunday at Angel Stadium of Anaheim. The Angels are favored (-151) to break the 1-1 tie and take the series over the Twins (+128). Shohei Ohtani gets the starting nod for Los Angeles, and Pablo Lopez is Minnesota’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Twins
- Game Day: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Twins?
- TV Channel: BSW
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels average 1.3 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB action with 60 total home runs.
- Los Angeles has the sixth-best batting average in MLB (.261).
- The Angels’ .328 on-base percentage is ninth-best in MLB.
- Los Angeles’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 17th in MLB.
- The Angels average 1.6 homers per game when playing at home this season (33 total in home outings).
- Los Angeles has a .457 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .261 at home this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani has 50 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .543, both of which lead Los Angeles hitters this season. He has a .286 batting average and an on-base percentage of .357.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 40th, his on-base percentage ranks 48th, and he is 15th in slugging.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .267 with nine doubles, 10 home runs and 15 walks, while slugging .489 with an on-base percentage of .321.
- Among qualified batters, his batting average ranks him 63rd, his on-base percentage 108th, and his slugging percentage 39th.
- Renfroe has picked up a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with a walk and an RBI.
- Mike Trout leads Los Angeles in OBP (.373) this season, fueled by 47 hits.
- Trout brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .316 with two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Taylor Ward has four home runs, 17 RBI and a batting average of .227 this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins have hit 62 homers this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- Minnesota has a team batting average of .231 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- The Twins have the 22nd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.311).
- Minnesota ranks 29th in strikeouts per game (9.7) among MLB offenses.
- In 24 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 31 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- In 24 road games this season, it is slugging .370 with 66 hits going for extra bases.
- In 24 road games this season, they have a batting average of .212 while averaging 7.3 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Byron Buxton has an on-base percentage of .344, a slugging percentage of .484, and has 36 hits, all club-bests for the Twins (while batting .235).
- Including all the qualifying players in the majors, his batting average is 120th, his on-base percentage ranks 63rd, and he is 43rd in slugging.
- Joey Gallo is batting .206 with five doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 16 walks. He’s slugging .579 with an on-base percentage of .315.
- Carlos Correa is hitting .205 with nine doubles, a triple, six home runs and 22 walks.
- Trevor Larnach has four doubles, two triples, five home runs and 20 walks while hitting .222.
Angels vs. Twins Probable Pitchers
|Shohei Ohtani (LAA)||Pitcher||Pablo Lopez (MIN)|
|5 – 1||W/L||2 – 2|
Angels vs. Twins Injury Updates
- Angels: Anthony Rendon: 10 Day IL (Groin), Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Austin Warren: 15 Day IL (Elbow), José Suarez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Aaron Loup: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Twins: Nick Gordon: 10 Day IL (Shin), Jorge Polanco: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Max Kepler: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Kenta Maeda: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Jorge Alcala: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Caleb Thielbar: 15 Day IL (Oblique strain), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Royce Lewis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Gilberto Celestino: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow)