Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (25-23) host the Boston Red Sox (26-21) on Monday at Angel Stadium of Anaheim, starting at 9:38 PM ET. The Angels are favored on the moneyline (-116), while the Red Sox are -103 underdogs. The Red Sox are favored against the spread (1.5) with +152 odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Chase Silseth starts for Los Angeles while Boston will counter with Tanner Houck.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels average 1.3 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB action with 60 total home runs.
- Los Angeles’ .261 batting average is eighth-best in the majors.
- The Angels’ .328 on-base percentage ranks ninth-best in baseball.
- Los Angeles’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 18th in baseball.
- The Angels have hit 33 homers at home this season (1.5 per game).
- Los Angeles is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .454 in home contests.
- The team averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .262 at home this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in slugging percentage (.539) and total hits (51) this season. He’s batting .287 with an on-base percentage of .360.
- Among all qualified hitters, he ranks 35th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 43rd, and he is 14th in slugging.
- Ohtani will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe has nine doubles, 10 home runs and 15 walks. He’s batting .267 and slugging .483 with an on-base percentage of .320.
- He ranks 64th in batting average, 111th in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Renfroe heads into this game looking to extend his four-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a walk and an RBI.
- Mike Trout has 48 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .371.
- Trout has recorded a hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Gio Urshela has been key for Los Angeles with 49 hits, an OBP of .321 plus a slugging percentage of .352.
- Urshela heads into this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .306 with three doubles, a walk and seven RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox have hit 58 homers this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- Boston ranks third in MLB with a .268 team batting average.
- The Red Sox have an on-base percentage of .338 this season, which ranks third in the league.
- Boston ranks fifth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.8 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 21 road contests this season.
- Boston has a team slugging percentage of .394 in away games this season with 63 extra-base hits.
- In 21 road games this season, they have a batting average of .233 while averaging 7.8 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has 46 hits, a team-best for the Red Sox. He’s batting .253 and slugging .533 with an on-base percentage of .296.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, his batting average puts him 89th, his on-base percentage ranks 140th, and he is 16th in slugging.
- Alex Verdugo’s .475 slugging percentage paces his team. He has a batting average of .296 with an on-base percentage of .373.
- He ranks 21st in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage and 52nd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Masataka Yoshida has accumulated a team-best .382 on-base percentage.
- Justin Turner is hitting .279 with nine doubles, five home runs and 21 walks.
Angels vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|Chase Silseth (LAA)||Pitcher||Tanner Houck (BOS)|
|0 – 1||W/L||3 – 3|
Angels vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Angels: Anthony Rendon: 10 Day IL (Groin), Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), José Suarez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 15 Day IL (Elbow), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Red Sox: Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Christian Arroyo: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), John Schreiber: 15 Day IL (Side), Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adam Duvall: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Justin Turner: day-to-day (Knee)