Table of Contents
The New York Yankees (29-20) have won four straight games as they ready to play the Baltimore Orioles (31-16), who have won three straight. The Yankees are favored (-165) to continue their streak in Tuesday’s outing, which starts at 7:05 PM ET at Yankee Stadium. Gerrit Cole starts for New York while Baltimore will counter with Kyle Bradish.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
How Do I Watch the Yankees vs. the Orioles?
- TV Channel: YES
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees average 1.5 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB play with 73 total home runs.
- New York is 22nd in the majors with a .236 batting average.
- The Yankees are 23rd in baseball with an on-base percentage of .310.
- New York strikes out 8.3 times per game to rank 16th in MLB.
- The Yankees average 1.8 homers per game when playing at home this season (46 total in home contests).
- New York is slugging .438 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .236 with 196 hits (7.5 per game) at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge has 41 hits and an OBP of .400, both of which rank first among New York hitters this season. He has a .299 batting average and a slugging percentage of .642.
- Among qualifying hitters, he is 19th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks seventh, and he is first in slugging.
- Judge has hit safely in eight games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .368 with two doubles, seven home runs, nine walks and 16 RBI.
- Gleyber Torres is hitting .253 with eight doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 24 walks. He’s slugging .431 with an on-base percentage of .338.
- Among all qualified, he ranks 89th in batting average, 73rd in on-base percentage and 77th in slugging percentage.
- Torres brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .227 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has an OPS of .907, fueled by an OBP of .382 and a team-best slugging percentage of .525 this season.
- Rizzo has picked up a hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Anthony Volpe has seven home runs, 19 RBI and a batting average of .212 this season.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles rank 10th in Major League Baseball with 58 home runs.
- Baltimore ranks 13th in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Orioles are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .330.
- Baltimore ranks seventh in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 24 road contests this season.
- In 24 road games this season, it is slugging .432 with 84 hits going for extra bases.
- In 24 road games this season, they have a batting average of .254 while averaging 9.0 base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins has put up a slugging percentage of .509 and has 49 hits, both team-high marks for the Orioles. He’s batting .283 and with an on-base percentage of .367.
- Including all the qualifying players in MLB, he ranks 43rd in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging percentage.
- Mullins brings a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .474 with four doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Adley Rutschman leads his team with a .400 OBP. He has a batting average of .271 while slugging .435.
- Including all qualified players, he is 60th in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage and 76th in slugging percentage.
- Ryan Mountcastle is batting .237 with 11 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and eight walks.
- Adam Frazier has five doubles, a triple, five home runs and 17 walks while batting .250.
Yankees vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers
|Gerrit Cole (NYY)||Pitcher||Kyle Bradish (BAL)|
|5 – 0||W/L||2 – 1|
Yankees vs. Orioles Injury Updates
- Yankees: Giancarlo Stanton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jose Trevino: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Josh Donaldson: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ian Hamilton: 15 Day IL (Groin), Carlos Rodón: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Jonathan Loaisiga: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lou Trivino: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tommy Kahnle: 60 Day IL (Biceps)
- Orioles: Ramón Urías: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Dillon Tate: 15 Day IL (Elbow), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow)