Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (20-26) will look to Christopher Morel, who is riding a four-game home run streak, when they take on the New York Mets (25-23). The Mets are moneyline favorites (-115) for this matchup against the Cubs (-105), which begins at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday at Wrigley Field. New York’s Kodai Senga gets the start against Chicago’s Drew Smyly.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 14th in baseball with 54 total home runs.
- New York has the 16th-ranked batting average in the majors (.244).
- The Mets rank 11th in MLB with a .325 on-base percentage.
- New York strikes out 7.5 times per game to rank third in the majors.
- The Mets have hit 27 home runs on the road this season (1.0 per game).
- New York is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .379 on the road.
- The club is batting .245 with 225 hits (8.3 per game) on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in total hits (41) this season while batting .228 with 20 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .322 and a slugging percentage of .528.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, he ranks 133rd in batting average, 102nd in on-base percentage, and 18th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .235 with 15 doubles, seven home runs and 16 walks. He’s slugging .428 with an on-base percentage of .311.
- His batting average is 119th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 121st, and his slugging percentage 78th.
- Brandon Nimmo is slashing .291/.374/.418 this season and leads the Mets with an OPS of .792.
- Nimmo takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .174 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .289 with a .369 OBP and 16 RBI for New York this season.
- McNeil has hit safely in eight games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .359 with two walks and four RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 10th in Major League Baseball with 58 home runs.
- Chicago’s .262 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .338 this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 22nd in strikeouts per game (9.1) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 22 home contests this season.
- Chicago is slugging .413 in 22 home games this season.
- In 22 home games this season, they have a batting average of .259 while averaging 8.8 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has a .396 slugging percentage, which leads the Cubs. He’s batting .299 with an on-base percentage of .345.
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, his batting average is 19th, his on-base percentage ranks 59th, and he is 108th in slugging.
- Dansby Swanson has 11 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 29 walks while hitting .267. He’s slugging .409 with an on-base percentage of .374.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 64th in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage and 94th in slugging percentage.
- Ian Happ has an on-base percentage of .407, a team-best for the Cubs.
- Patrick Wisdom paces his team with 31 hits.
Mets vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Kodai Senga (NYM)||Pitcher||Drew Smyly (CHC)|
|4 – 2||W/L||4 – 1|
Mets vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Mets: Tomás Nido: 10 Day IL (Eye), Jimmy Yacabonis: 15 Day IL (Quadricep), Edwin Uceta: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Omar Narváez: 60 Day IL (Calf), Tim Locastro: 60 Day IL (Back), Stephen Ridings: 60 Day IL (Lat), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib)
- Cubs: Cody Bellinger: 10 Day IL (Knee), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Kyle Hendricks: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Right meniscus), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)