Table of Contents
Riley Adams leads the Washington Nationals (20-27) into a matchup against the San Diego Padres (21-26) a game after he collected four hits in a 6-4 win over the Tigers. The Padres are favorites (-165) against the Nationals (+140) in this outing, which starts at 7:05 PM ET on Tuesday. Ryan Weathers starts for San Diego while Washington will counter with MacKenzie Gore.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
How Do I Watch the Padres vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: MASN2
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres are 18th in baseball with 50 total home runs.
- San Diego has the worst batting average in MLB (.221).
- The Padres’ .312 on-base percentage is 21st in baseball.
- San Diego strikes out 8.8 times per game to rank 20th in the majors.
- The Padres average 1.0 home runs per road game this season (19 total away from home).
- San Diego has a .345 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averages 6.5 hits per game and is batting .200 on the road this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in OBP (.398) and total hits (41) this season. He’s batting .248 batting average while slugging .473.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 98th, his on-base percentage ranks 12th, and he is 53rd in slugging.
- Soto has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts leads San Diego in slugging percentage (.404) thanks to 13 extra-base hits. He’s batting .257 with an on-base percentage of .357.
- He is 79th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 99th in slugging in the majors.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .211 with a .373 slugging percentage and 16 RBI this year.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. has seven home runs, 14 RBI and a batting average of .274 this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 34 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Washington has a team batting average of .263 this season, which ranks fifth among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .324 this season, which ranks 13th in the league.
- Washington has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the second-best strikeout rate (7.1 per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 25 games at home this season, they’ve hit 16 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- Washington is slugging .380 in 25 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .261 with 8.7 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas is hitting .290 with seven doubles, a triple, six home runs and 12 walks. He’s slugging .443 with an on-base percentage of .344.
- He ranks 29th in batting average, 60th in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Thomas hopes to build on a seven-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .317 with three doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has collected 47 hits to lead his team. He has a batting average of .269 while slugging .457 with an on-base percentage of .323.
- He ranks 62nd in batting average, 98th in on-base percentage and 65th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Luis Garcia is hitting .255 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 11 walks.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .242 with seven doubles, four home runs and 11 walks.
Padres vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Ryan Weathers (SD)||Pitcher||MacKenzie Gore (WSH)|
|1 – 2||W/L||3 – 3|
Padres vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Padres: Manny Machado: 10 Day IL (Hand), Luis Campusano: 10 Day IL (Thumb sprain), Seth Lugo: 15 Day IL (Calf), Nabil Crismatt: 15 Day IL (Hip strain), José Castillo: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Drew Pomeranz: 60 Day IL (Elbow/flexor), Robert Suarez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adrian Morejon: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Eguy Rosario: 60 Day IL (Ankle)
- Nationals: Victor Robles: 10 Day IL (Back), Israel Pineda: 10 Day IL (Finger), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)