Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (25-22) host the San Francisco Giants (22-24) on Monday to start a three-game series, with the first pitch at 7:40 PM ET from Target Field. The favored Twins (-152) enter the matchup after a series loss to the Angels, and the underdog Giants (+130) are coming off of a series win over the Marlins. Minnesota has Bailey Ober starting things off, and San Francisco will send out Alex Cobb.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Giants
- Game Day: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Giants?
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins are seventh-best in MLB play with 63 total home runs.
- Minnesota ranks 24th in MLB with a .231 batting average.
- The Twins rank 22nd in baseball with a .311 on-base percentage.
- Minnesota’s hitters strike out 9.7 times per game, the most in baseball.
- The Twins have hit 31 home runs at home this season (1.4 per game).
- Minnesota is averaging 3.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .451 in home contests.
- The team is batting .253 with 186 hits (8.5 per game) at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Byron Buxton has 36 hits and an OBP of .344 to go with a slugging percentage of .484. All three of those stats are tops among Minnesota hitters this season. He has a .235 batting average, as well.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he ranks 119th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 60th, and he is 41st in slugging.
- Carlos Correa is hitting .206 with 10 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 22 walks, while slugging .388 with an on-base percentage of .298.
- His batting average ranks 156th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 136th, and his slugging percentage 116th.
- Correa heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a double, six walks and an RBI.
- Joey Gallo is batting .202 with a .569 slugging percentage and 23 RBI this year.
- Trevor Larnach has been key for Minnesota with 28 hits, an OBP of .316 plus a slugging percentage of .392.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants’ 65 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- San Francisco has a team batting average of .241 this season, which ranks 20th among MLB teams.
- The Giants have the 18th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.315).
- San Francisco ranks 27th in strikeouts per game (9.6) among MLB offenses.
- In 20 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 37 homers, an average of 1.9 per contest.
- In 20 road games this season, it is slugging .443 with 70 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .239 with 8.4 base hits per contest.
Giants Key Batters
- Thairo Estrada has a .478 slugging percentage, which paces the Giants. He’s batting .309 with an on-base percentage of .356.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is seventh in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 49th and he is 47th in slugging.
- Estrada hopes to build on a seven-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .214 with three doubles, a triple, a walk and three RBI.
- LaMonte Wade Jr’s .425 on-base percentage leads his team. He has a batting average of .258 while slugging .476.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is 76th in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage and 50th in slugging percentage.
- J.D. Davis has 40 hits, a team-high for the Giants.
- Michael Conforto is hitting .210 with two doubles, eight home runs and 20 walks.
Twins vs. Giants Probable Pitchers
|Bailey Ober (MIN)||Pitcher||Alex Cobb (SF)|
|3 – 0||W/L||3 – 1|
Twins vs. Giants Injury Updates
- Twins: Max Kepler: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jorge Polanco: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Nick Gordon: 10 Day IL (Shin), Kenta Maeda: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Jorge Alcala: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Caleb Thielbar: 15 Day IL (Oblique strain), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Royce Lewis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Gilberto Celestino: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Byron Buxton: day-to-day (Leg)
- Giants: Joc Pederson: 10 Day IL (Hand), Joey Bart: 10 Day IL (Groin), Austin Slater: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ross Stripling: 15 Day IL (Back), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Heliot Ramos: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Luke Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis González: 60 Day IL (Back), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Left arm), Logan Webb: day-to-day (Back)