Table of Contents
Owen Miller brings a 13-game hitting streak into the Milwaukee Brewers’ (25-21) matchup with the Houston Astros (27-19). The Astros are favored on the moneyline (-113) for this matchup with the Brewers (-107), which starts at 7:40 PM ET on Monday at American Family Field. Cristian Javier starts for Houston, and Corbin Burnes is Milwaukee’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Brewers
- Game Day: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Brewers?
- TV Channel: BSWI
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 25th in baseball with 40 total home runs.
- Houston has the 15th-ranked batting average in the majors (.245).
- The Astros rank 18th in MLB with a .315 on-base percentage.
- Houston strikes out 8.1 times per game, the sixth-best average in MLB.
- The Astros have hit 19 homers on the road this season (0.9 per game).
- Houston is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .387 away from home.
- Away from home this season the club averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .248.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston with 43 hits and an OBP of .387 this season. He has a .293 batting average and a slugging percentage of .571.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, his batting average ranks 25th, his on-base percentage ranks 15th, and he is fifth in slugging.
- Alvarez has recorded at least one hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Kyle Tucker is hitting .276 with nine doubles, seven home runs and 23 walks, while slugging .460 with an on-base percentage of .358.
- His batting average is 55th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 44th, and his slugging percentage 61st.
- Alex Bregman is batting .218 with a .362 slugging percentage and 22 RBI this year.
- Jeremy Pena has been key for Houston with 44 hits, an OBP of .289 plus a slugging percentage of .416.
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers rank 13th in Major League Baseball with 56 home runs.
- Milwaukee has a team batting average of .239 this season, which ranks 21st among MLB teams.
- The Brewers have an on-base percentage of .314 this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- Milwaukee ranks 23rd with an average of 9.2 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 33 homers, an average of 1.6 per game, in 21 home contests this season.
- Milwaukee is slugging .427 in 21 home games this season.
- They are averaging 7.5 base hits per game and batting .237 as a team at home this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Christian Yelich has accumulated a team-high .417 slugging percentage. He’s batting .258 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- He is 76th in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 87th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Rowdy Tellez has racked up 33 hits with a .344 OBP to pace his team in both. He has a batting average of .246 while slugging .522.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 103rd in batting average, 60th in on-base percentage and 22nd in slugging percentage.
- Willy Adames is batting .212 with five doubles, eight home runs and 22 walks.
- Brian Anderson is batting .240 with five doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 21 walks.
Astros vs. Brewers Probable Pitchers
|Cristian Javier (HOU)||Pitcher||Corbin Burnes (MIL)|
|4 – 1||W/L||4 – 3|
Astros vs. Brewers Injury Updates
- Astros: Michael Brantley: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Urquidy: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Luis Garcia: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Lance McCullers Jr.: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Parker Mushinski: 15 Day IL (Spine)
- Brewers: Louis Linwood Voit III: 10 Day IL (Neck), Wade Miley: 15 Day IL (Lat strain), J.B. Bukauskas: 15 Day IL (Spine), Matt Bush: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Brandon Woodruff: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Garrett Mitchell: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Luis Urías: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Jason Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Justin Wilson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Aaron Ashby: 60 Day IL (Labrum)