Table of Contents
The Boston Red Sox (26-22) visit the Los Angeles Angels (26-23) on Tuesday at 9:38 PM ET. The Red Sox are favored on the moneyline (-114) against the underdog Angels (-105). Boston’s Brayan Bello gets the start against Los Angeles’ Griffin Canning.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Angels
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Angels?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox are 10th in MLB play with 58 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Boston has the fourth-best batting average in the majors (.266).
- The Red Sox rank fourth in MLB with a .335 on-base percentage.
- Boston strikes out 7.8 times per game to rank fifth in MLB.
- The Red Sox average 1.1 homers per road game this season (25 total away from home).
- Boston is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .384 on the road.
- The team is batting .228 with 167 hits (7.6 per game) on the road this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has 47 hits, which is tops among Boston hitters this season, while batting .254 with 25 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .296 and a slugging percentage of .530.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 91st, his on-base percentage ranks 141st, and he is 16th in slugging.
- Masataka Yoshida leads Boston with an OBP of .384 this season while batting .308 with 17 walks and 27 runs scored. He’s slugging .494.
- He ranks ninth in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and 34th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Yoshida has picked up at least one hit in six straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .308 with three doubles, a triple, four walks and five RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has hit five homers with a team-high .464 SLG this season.
- Justin Turner has five home runs, 18 RBI and a batting average of .272 this season.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 61 homers this season, which ranks ninth in the league.
- Los Angeles’ .260 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Angels have an on-base percentage of .327 this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- Los Angeles ranks 20th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 34 homers, an average of 1.5 per game, in 23 home contests this season.
- Los Angeles has a team slugging percentage of .449 in home games this season with 73 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .259 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has totaled 51 hits with a .530 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Angels. He’s batting .282 and with an on-base percentage of .358.
- He ranks 43rd in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and 16th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters in the big leagues.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .261 with nine doubles, 10 home runs and 15 walks. He’s slugging .473 with an on-base percentage of .313.
- His batting average ranks 74th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 119th, and he is 51st in slugging.
- Mike Trout has put up a team-best .368 on-base percentage.
- Gio Urshela has five doubles, a home run and five walks while hitting .302.
Red Sox vs. Angels Probable Pitchers
|Brayan Bello (BOS)||Pitcher||Griffin Canning (LAA)|
|3 – 1||W/L||2 – 2|
Red Sox vs. Angels Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Christian Arroyo: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Richard Bleier: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), John Schreiber: 15 Day IL (Side), Adam Duvall: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Angels: Anthony Rendon: 10 Day IL (Groin), Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), José Suarez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 15 Day IL (Elbow), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)