Table of Contents
The St. Louis Cardinals (21-28) will look to Nolan Gorman, who is riding a 12-game hitting streak, when they take on the Cincinnati Reds (20-27). The Cardinals are favored (-139) in this matchup with the Reds (+119), which starts at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday at Great American Ball Park. St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright and Cincinnati’s Graham Ashcraft will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Reds
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Cardinals vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: BSOH
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank fifth-best in baseball with 68 total home runs.
- St. Louis ranks seventh in the majors with a .260 batting average.
- The Cardinals rank sixth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .334.
- St. Louis’ hitters strike out 8.3 times per game, the 10th-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Cardinals have hit 28 home runs away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- St. Louis has a .407 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .245.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has an OPS of .888, fueled by an OBP of .399 to go with a slugging percentage of .489. He has a .288 batting average, as well.
- Among qualifying hitters, he ranks 31st in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 11th, and he is 37th in slugging.
- Gorman leads St. Louis in total hits (43) this season while batting .301 with 22 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .636 with an on-base percentage of .392.
- He ranks 18th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and second in slugging in the major leagues.
- Gorman brings a 12-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .455 with four doubles, five home runs, six walks and 15 RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .271 with a .448 slugging percentage and 34 RBI this year.
- Tommy Edman has been key for St. Louis with 41 hits, an OBP of .333 plus a slugging percentage of .466.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 28th in Major League Baseball with just 36 home runs as a team.
- Cincinnati ranks 17th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Reds have an OBP of .323 this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- Cincinnati ranks 25th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.3 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 23 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 25 home contests this season.
- Cincinnati has a team slugging percentage of .391 in home games this season with 68 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .242 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India has a .380 on-base percentage and a .420 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Reds. He’s batting .287.
- Including all qualifying players, he ranks 33rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 23rd and he is 81st in slugging.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .271 with six doubles, five home runs and 19 walks. He’s slugging .434 with an on-base percentage of .367.
- He is currently 60th in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage and 76th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Spencer Steer has racked up 43 hits, a team-high for the Reds.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .254 with five doubles, four home runs and 12 walks.
Cardinals vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Adam Wainwright (STL)||Pitcher||Graham Ashcraft (CIN)|
|1 – 0||W/L||2 – 2|
Cardinals vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Cardinals: Tyler O’Neill: 10 Day IL (Back), Dylan Carlson: 10 Day IL (Ankle), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Reds: TJ Friedl: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Henry Ramos: 10 Day IL (Hip), Derek Law: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Nick Lodolo: 15 Day IL (Calf), Casey Legumina: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Fernando Cruz: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 60 Day IL (Back), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Joey Votto: 60 Day IL (Bicep/shoulder), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)