Table of Contents
The Arizona Diamondbacks (29-21) will look for Lourdes Gurriel Jr. to extend a 13-game hitting streak when they square off against the Boston Red Sox (26-24) on Friday at 9:40 PM ET at Chase Field. The Red Sox are favored (-155) against the underdog Diamondbacks (+135). Chris Sale starts for Boston while Arizona will counter with Brandon Pfaadt.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: BSAZ
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox are 13th in MLB action with 59 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Boston has the sixth-best batting average in MLB (.262).
- The Red Sox are fifth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Boston strikes out 7.7 times per game, the fourth-best mark in baseball.
- The Red Sox average 1.1 home runs per road game this season (26 total on the road).
- Boston is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .374 on the road.
- On the road this season the club averages 7.4 hits per game and is batting .223.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Masataka Yoshida has 49 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .373. He has a .299 batting average and a slugging percentage of .482.
- He ranks 12th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage, and 44th in slugging among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Rafael Devers leads Boston with 48 hits. He is batting .249 this season and has 25 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .513 with an on-base percentage of .290.
- Among all qualified batters, he is 101st in batting average, 143rd in on-base percentage and 27th in slugging percentage.
- Alex Verdugo has hit five homers with a team-high .455 SLG this season.
- Justin Turner has been key for Boston with 46 hits, an OBP of .361 plus a slugging percentage of .400.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks rank 15th in Major League Baseball with 56 home runs.
- Arizona has a team batting average of .265 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks have an OBP of .330 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- Arizona ranks fifth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.8 Ks per contest.
- In 24 games at home this season, they’ve hit 22 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- Arizona is slugging .450 in 24 home games this season.
- In 24 home games this season, they have a batting average of .284 while averaging 9.5 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Gurriel has put up a slugging percentage of .557 and has 53 hits, both team-best marks for the Diamondbacks. He’s batting .317 and with an on-base percentage of .372.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, he ranks seventh in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage and seventh in slugging percentage.
- Gurriel heads into this game on a 13-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .357 with five doubles, three home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
- Corbin Carroll’s .385 on-base percentage paces his team. He has a batting average of .292 while slugging .522.
- Including all qualifying hitters, his batting average puts him 26th, his on-base percentage is 17th, and he is 23rd in slugging.
- Christian Walker is batting .249 with 10 doubles, 11 home runs and 17 walks.
- Ketel Marte is hitting .279 with eight doubles, four triples, six home runs and 15 walks.
Red Sox vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Chris Sale (BOS)||Pitcher||Brandon Pfaadt (ARI)|
|4 – 2||W/L||0 – 1|
Red Sox vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Christian Arroyo: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Elbow), John Schreiber: 15 Day IL (Side), Richard Bleier: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adam Duvall: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Diamondbacks: Kyle Lewis: 10 Day IL (Illness), Joe Mantiply: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Anthony Misiewicz: 15 Day IL (Calf), Zach Davies: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Carson Kelly: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)