Table of Contents
The St. Louis Cardinals (23-29) are looking for Nolan Gorman to continue a 15-game hitting streak when they match up against the Cleveland Guardians (21-28) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET at Progressive Field. The Guardians are favored (-125) against the underdog Cardinals (+105). Tanner Bibee starts for Cleveland while St. Louis will counter with Matthew Liberatore.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Cardinals?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are last in MLB action with 30 home runs.
- Cleveland ranks 29th in the majors with a .223 batting average.
- The Guardians rank 29th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .296.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.2 times per game to rank second in baseball.
- The Guardians average 0.5 homers per game when playing at home this season (12 total in home contests).
- Cleveland is slugging .334 with 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 6.8 hits per game and is batting .217 at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 46 hits and an OBP of .348, both of which are best among Cleveland hitters this season. He has a .266 batting average and a slugging percentage of .462.
- He ranks 67th in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage, and 59th in slugging among qualified hitters in baseball.
- Steven Kwan leads Cleveland in slugging percentage (.339) thanks to 13 extra-base hits. He’s batting .254 with an on-base percentage of .342.
- His batting average is 90th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 65th, and his slugging percentage 152nd.
- Josh Naylor is batting .224 with a .401 slugging percentage and 32 RBI this year.
- Naylor has logged a hit or more in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, a home run and six RBI.
- Josh Bell is batting .226 with a .340 OBP and 21 RBI for Cleveland this season.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank fifth in Major League Baseball with 72 home runs.
- St. Louis has a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- The Cardinals have an OBP of .334 this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- St. Louis ranks 15th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.3 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 26 road contests this season.
- St. Louis has a team slugging percentage of .412 in away games this season with 80 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.4 base hits per game and batting .246 on the road this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has racked up an on-base percentage of .401 and a slugging percentage of .516. Both lead the Cardinals. He’s batting .292.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average puts him 26th, his on-base percentage is 11th, and he is 26th in slugging.
- Gorman’s 46 hits lead his team. He has a batting average of .297 while slugging .613 with an on-base percentage of .389.
- Including all qualifying players, his batting average puts him 16th, his on-base percentage ranks 15th, and he is second in slugging.
- Nolan Arenado has five doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 14 walks while hitting .264.
- Tommy Edman has nine doubles, two triples, six home runs and 12 walks while batting .277.
Guardians vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers
|Tanner Bibee (CLE)||Pitcher||Matthew Liberatore (STL)|
|1 – 1||W/L||1 – 0|
Guardians vs. Cardinals Injury Updates
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Peyton Battenfield: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Cardinals: Dylan Carlson: 10 Day IL (Ankle), Tyler O’Neill: 10 Day IL (Back), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)