Table of Contents
Gleyber Torres leads the New York Yankees (30-21) into a contest against the Baltimore Orioles (32-17) after his two-home run performance in a 9-6 loss to the Orioles. The Yankees are favorites (-134) in this game against the underdog Orioles (+114), which begins at 7:05 PM ET on Thursday. New York’s Clarke Schmidt and Baltimore’s Kyle Gibson will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
How Do I Watch the Yankees vs. the Orioles?
- TV Channel: YES
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees rank fourth-best in MLB play with 78 total home runs.
- New York ranks 22nd in the majors with a .237 batting average.
- The Yankees’ .310 on-base percentage ranks 22nd in baseball.
- New York strikes out 8.4 times per game, the No. 15 average in the majors.
- The Yankees average 1.8 homers per home game this season (51 total at home).
- New York is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .444 in home contests.
- The team is batting .237 with 213 hits (7.6 per game) at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Torres is batting .264 with eight doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 25 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .351 while slugging .467.
- He is 73rd in batting average, 51st in on-base percentage, and 53rd in slugging among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Torres will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with three home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees in OBP (.406) and total hits (42) this season. He’s batting .294 while slugging .643.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him 24th, his on-base percentage eighth, and his slugging percentage first.
- Anthony Rizzo has hit 11 homers with a team-high .524 SLG this season.
- Rizzo has logged a hit or more in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .391 with a double, two home runs and seven RBI.
- Anthony Volpe has been key for New York with 36 hits, an OBP of .290 plus a slugging percentage of .373.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles rank 10th in Major League Baseball with 62 home runs.
- Baltimore has a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks 13th among MLB teams.
- The Orioles are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .329.
- Baltimore is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking seventh with an average of 8.1 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.4 home runs per game in their 26 road contests this season.
- In 26 road games this season, it is slugging .433 with 90 hits going for extra bases.
- In 26 road games this season, they have a batting average of .253 while averaging 9.0 base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins has 50 hits with a .505 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Orioles. He’s batting .275 and with an on-base percentage of .359.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average puts him 53rd, his on-base percentage ranks 43rd, and he is 29th in slugging.
- Adley Rutschman leads his team with a .400 on-base percentage. He has a batting average of .270 while slugging .427.
- Including all qualified players, he is 66th in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage and 83rd in slugging percentage.
- Ryan Mountcastle is hitting .238 with 11 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and nine walks.
- Adam Frazier is batting .255 with six doubles, a triple, six home runs and 17 walks.
Yankees vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers
|Clarke Schmidt (NYY)||Pitcher||Kyle Gibson (BAL)|
|2 – 4||W/L||5 – 3|
Yankees vs. Orioles Injury Updates
- Yankees: Jose Trevino: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Giancarlo Stanton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Josh Donaldson: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ian Hamilton: 15 Day IL (Groin), Carlos Rodón: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Jonathan Loaisiga: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lou Trivino: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tommy Kahnle: 60 Day IL (Biceps)
- Orioles: Ramón Urías: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Dillon Tate: 15 Day IL (Elbow), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow)