Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (23-26) and the Atlanta Braves (30-19) square off on Thursday to start a four-game series, with the first pitch at 7:20 PM ET at Truist Park. Aaron Nola starts for Philadelphia while Atlanta will counter with Dylan Dodd.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Braves
- Game Day: Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
How Do I Watch the Phillies vs. the Braves?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.0 home run per game to rank 21st in baseball with 51 total home runs.
- Philadelphia has the 10th-best batting average in MLB (.258).
- The Phillies rank 15th in baseball with a .322 on-base percentage.
- Philadelphia strikes out 9.0 times per game, the No. 20 mark in baseball.
- The Phillies average 1.0 homers per game when playing on the road this season (24 total in road contests).
- Philadelphia is slugging .415 with 3.4 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 9.0 hits per game and is batting .257 away from home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Alec Bohm is batting .264 with eight doubles, five home runs and 14 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .320 while slugging .390.
- Among the qualified batters in baseball, his batting average ranks 73rd, his on-base percentage ranks 105th, and he is 113th in slugging.
- Bohm hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with three RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos is batting .289 with 16 doubles, five home runs and 15 walks, while slugging .453 with an on-base percentage of .340.
- He is 32nd in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 67th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Bryson Stott leads Philadelphia in slugging percentage (.408) powered by 13 extra-base hits.
- Kyle Schwarber is batting .170 with a .317 OBP and 24 RBI for Philadelphia this season.
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves rank third in Major League Baseball with 80 home runs.
- Atlanta’s .254 batting average ranks 11th in the majors this season.
- The Braves have an OBP of .331 this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- Atlanta ranks 17th with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 25 home contests this season.
- Atlanta has a team slugging percentage of .416 in home games this season with 78 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .246 with 8.2 base hits per contest.
Braves Key Batters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. has put up a team-high OBP (.419) and slugging percentage (.576), and paces the Braves in hits (63, while batting .330).
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks third in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Matt Olson is hitting .234 with 10 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 35 walks. He’s slugging .527 with an on-base percentage of .362.
- He ranks 123rd in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Sean Murphy is batting .275 with nine doubles, 10 home runs and 22 walks.
- Ozzie Albies is hitting .254 with 10 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 10 walks.
Phillies vs. Braves Probable Pitchers
|Aaron Nola (PHI)||Pitcher||Dylan Dodd (ATL)|
|4 – 3||W/L||0 – 0|
Phillies vs. Braves Injury Updates
- Phillies: Cristian Pache: 10 Day IL (Knee), José Alvarado: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Noah Song: 15 Day IL (Back), Darick Hall: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Rafael Marchan: 60 Day IL (Hand), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)
- Braves: Max Fried: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Dylan Lee: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Kyle Wright: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ehire Adrianza: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Huascar Ynoa: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kolby Allard: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Tyler Matzek: 60 Day IL (Elbow)