Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (25-24) ride a three-game winning streak into a home contest against the Oakland Athletics (10-41) on Thursday at 9:40 PM ET. The Mariners are favored (-240) over the Athletics (+200). Logan Gilbert starts for Seattle while Oakland will counter with JP Sears.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: ROOT Sports NW
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners rank 18th in MLB play with 53 total home runs.
- Seattle’s .230 batting average ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Mariners rank 22nd in MLB with a .310 on-base percentage.
- Seattle strikes out 9.7 times per game, the fourth-worst average in baseball.
- The Mariners average 0.9 homers per home game this season (23 total at home).
- Seattle has a .376 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.5 hits per game and is batting .232.
Mariners Key Batters
- Jarred Kelenic leads Seattle with 50 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .543. He’s batting .289 with an on-base percentage of .340.
- He is 32nd in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage, and 11th in slugging among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Ty France has 13 doubles, three home runs and 15 walks. He’s batting .261 and slugging .380 with an on-base percentage of .341.
- His batting average is 78th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 69th, and his slugging percentage 120th.
- France has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .158 with a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Julio Rodriguez has 43 hits this season and has a slash line of .222/.294/.392.
- Rodriguez brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .316 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- J.P. Crawford leads Seattle with an OBP of .368 this season while batting .250 with 28 walks and 24 runs scored.
- Crawford has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 53 home runs.
- Oakland has a team batting average of just .224 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .302 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- Oakland is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 29th with an average of 9.4 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 26 road contests this season.
- Oakland has a team slugging percentage of .383 in away games this season with 68 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .236 with 7.9 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has accumulated a slugging percentage of .372, a team-high for the Athletics. He’s batting .281 with an on-base percentage of .344.
- Including all the qualifying players in the majors, his batting average puts him 41st, his on-base percentage is 61st, and he is 126th in slugging.
- Brent Rooker’s 41 hits and .382 OBP are both team-highs. He has a batting average of .275 while slugging .544.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 53rd in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage and 10th in slugging percentage.
- Ryan Noda is batting .223 with nine doubles, a triple, four home runs and 32 walks.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .208 with five doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 13 walks.
Mariners vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Logan Gilbert (SEA)||Pitcher||JP Sears (OAK)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 3|
Mariners vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Mariners: Dylan Moore: 10 Day IL (Olique), Penn Murfee: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Easton McGee: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Andres Munoz: 15 Day IL (Deltoid), Robbie Ray: 15 Day IL (Flexor), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor), Ty France: day-to-day (Wrist)
- Athletics: Zach Jackson: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Drew Rucinski: 15 Day IL (Illness), Mason Miller: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Paul Blackburn: 15 Day IL (Finger), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Manny Piña: 60 Day IL (Wrist)