Table of Contents
Spencer Steer leads the Cincinnati Reds (21-28) into a contest against the St. Louis Cardinals (22-29) a game after he collected four hits in a 10-3 win over the Cardinals. The Cardinals are favored (-171) against the Reds (+145) in this outing, which starts at 12:35 PM ET on Thursday. Miles Mikolas starts for St. Louis while Cincinnati will counter with Luke Weaver.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Reds
- Game Day: Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Cardinals vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank fifth-best in baseball with 72 total home runs.
- St. Louis’ .261 batting average is eighth-best in the majors.
- The Cardinals’ .335 on-base percentage ranks fourth-best in MLB.
- St. Louis strikes out 8.3 times per game, the No. 14 mark in baseball.
- The Cardinals average 1.3 home runs per road game this season (32 total on the road).
- St. Louis has a .417 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .248 with 213 hits (8.5 per game) on the road this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has an OPS of .917, fueled by an OBP of .401 to go with a slugging percentage of .516. He has a .292 batting average, as well.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, he is 27th in batting average, 10th in on-base percentage, and 27th in slugging.
- Goldschmidt has picked up at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with two home runs, four walks and two RBI.
- Nolan Gorman has 45 hits, which ranks first among St. Louis batters this season. He’s batting .296 with 22 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .612 with an on-base percentage of .386.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 21st, his on-base percentage 17th, and his slugging percentage second.
- Gorman has picked up a hit in 14 straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .375 with three doubles, four home runs, seven walks and 12 RBI.
- Tommy Edman has collected 44 base hits, an OBP of .335 and a slugging percentage of .484 this season.
- Edman brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .368 with three doubles, a triple, a walk and four RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has nine home runs, 34 RBI and a batting average of .264 this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 38 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- Cincinnati has a team batting average of .249 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .327 this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- Cincinnati ranks 24th with an average of 9.1 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 25 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 27 home contests this season.
- Cincinnati has a team slugging percentage of .404 in home games this season with 78 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.2 base hits per game and batting .252 as a team at home this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India has racked up an on-base percentage of .381 and a slugging percentage of .415. Both lead the Reds. He’s batting .290.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 30th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 20th and he is 85th in slugging.
- India takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two doubles and three walks.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .271 with seven doubles, five home runs and 19 walks. He’s slugging .436 with an on-base percentage of .364.
- He is 62nd in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage and 77th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Steer has accumulated 48 hits, a team-best for the Reds.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .264 with six doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
Cardinals vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Miles Mikolas (STL)||Pitcher||Luke Weaver (CIN)|
|2 – 1||W/L||1 – 2|
Cardinals vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Cardinals: Dylan Carlson: 10 Day IL (Ankle), Tyler O’Neill: 10 Day IL (Back), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Reds: Henry Ramos: 10 Day IL (Hip), Derek Law: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Nick Lodolo: 15 Day IL (Calf), Casey Legumina: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Fernando Cruz: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 60 Day IL (Back), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Joey Votto: 60 Day IL (Bicep/shoulder), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)