Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (27-25) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (26-25) meet on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET to break a 1-1 series tie. The Mariners are favored (-149) to win the contest against the Pirates (+128). Seattle’s Marco Gonzales gets the start against Pittsburgh’s Luis Ortiz.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: ROOT Sports NW
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 17th in baseball with 57 total home runs.
- Seattle’s .230 batting average ranks 25th in the majors.
- The Mariners’ .310 on-base percentage is 23rd in baseball.
- Seattle’s batters strike out 9.6 times per game, the 27th-most in the majors.
- The Mariners average one home run per game when playing at home this season (27 total in home contests).
- Seattle has a .385 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 7.5 hits per game and is batting .233.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France leads Seattle with a slugging percentage of .421, fueled by 20 extra-base hits. He has a .267 batting average and an on-base percentage of .348.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 66th, his on-base percentage ranks 54th, and he is 91st in slugging.
- Julio Rodriguez is hitting .238 with 12 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 17 walks. He’s slugging .422 with an on-base percentage of .305.
- He is 112th in batting average, 124th in on-base percentage and 90th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Rodriguez has picked up a hit in six straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .325 with five doubles, a home run, three walks and seven RBI.
- Jarred Kelenic leads Seattle in total hits (51) this season, and 24 of those have gone for extra bases.
- J.P. Crawford leads Seattle with an OBP of .364 this season while batting .254 with 28 walks and 28 runs scored.
- Crawford brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates rank 24th in Major League Baseball with 50 home runs.
- Pittsburgh’s .244 batting average ranks 16th in the majors this season.
- The Pirates have an OBP of .322 this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking ninth with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
- In 26 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 32 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- Pittsburgh has a team slugging percentage of .426 in away games this season with 90 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .247 with 8.5 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has racked up a slugging percentage of .505 and has 54 hits, both team-high figures for the Pirates. He’s batting .287 and with an on-base percentage of .341.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks 32nd in batting average, 70th in on-base percentage and 28th in slugging percentage.
- Andrew McCutchen’s .362 OBP leads his team. He has a batting average of .268 while slugging .459.
- His batting average is 62nd among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 32nd, and he is 64th in slugging.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .226 with 12 doubles, three triples, two home runs and 15 walks.
- Carlos Santana is hitting .229 with 14 doubles, three home runs and 25 walks.
Mariners vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Marco Gonzales (SEA)||Pitcher||Luis Ortiz (PIT)|
|4 – 1||W/L||1 – 2|
Mariners vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Mariners: Dylan Moore: 10 Day IL (Olique), Penn Murfee: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Easton McGee: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Andres Munoz: 15 Day IL (Deltoid), Robbie Ray: 15 Day IL (Flexor), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor), A.J. Pollock: day-to-day (Leg)
- Pirates: Wil Crowe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ji-Man Choi: 60 Day IL (Achilles), Oneil Cruz: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vince Velásquez: day-to-day (Elbow)