Table of Contents
The Cincinnati Reds (23-29) face the Chicago Cubs (22-29) after Jonathan India homered twice in an 8-5 win over the Cubs. The Cubs are favored (-157) in this matchup with the Reds (+134), which begins at 2:20 PM ET on Sunday. Drew Smyly starts for Chicago, and Graham Ashcraft is Cincinnati’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Reds
- Game Day: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs are 11th in MLB play with 63 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Chicago ranks 11th in MLB with a .257 batting average.
- The Cubs are third in baseball with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Chicago strikes out 9.1 times per game, the No. 21 average in the majors.
- The Cubs average 1.1 homers per home game this season (31 total at home).
- Chicago has a .399 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .249 at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has an OPS of .742, fueled by an OBP of .345 and a team-best slugging percentage of .397 this season. He has a .293 batting average.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 20th, his on-base percentage ranks 60th, and he is 107th in slugging.
- Dansby Swanson has 12 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 29 walks. He’s batting .264 and slugging .421 with an on-base percentage of .361.
- His batting average ranks 72nd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 36th, and his slugging percentage 90th.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago with an OBP of .405 this season while batting .285 with 37 walks and 17 runs scored.
- Seiya Suzuki has been key for Chicago with 39 hits, an OBP of .380 plus a slugging percentage of .493.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 28th in Major League Baseball with just 40 home runs as a team.
- Cincinnati has a team batting average of .255 this season, which ranks 13th among MLB teams.
- The Reds have an OBP of .330 this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- Cincinnati ranks 24th with an average of 9.2 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 24 road contests this season.
- In 24 road games this season, it is slugging .375 with 64 hits going for extra bases.
- In 24 road games this season, they have a batting average of .259 while averaging 9.0 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- India has a .376 on-base percentage and a .439 slugging percentage, both team-high marks for the Reds. He’s batting .291.
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, his batting average ranks 24th, his on-base percentage is 18th, and he is 78th in slugging.
- Spencer Steer paces his team with 53 hits. He has a batting average of .280 while slugging .471 with an on-base percentage of .351.
- Including all qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 44th, his on-base percentage ranks 47th, and he is 46th in slugging.
- Jake Fraley is batting .261 with seven doubles, five home runs and 19 walks.
- TJ Friedl is hitting .326 with eight doubles, three triples, three home runs and 10 walks.
Cubs vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Drew Smyly (CHC)||Pitcher||Graham Ashcraft (CIN)|
|5 – 1||W/L||2 – 3|
Cubs vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Cubs: Cody Bellinger: 10 Day IL (Knee), Nick Burdi: 15 Day IL (Appendicitis), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Right meniscus), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Reds: Henry Ramos: 10 Day IL (Hip), Wil Myers: 10 Day IL (Kidney stones), Derek Law: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Nick Lodolo: 15 Day IL (Calf), Casey Legumina: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 60 Day IL (Back), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Joey Votto: 60 Day IL (Bicep/shoulder), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)