Table of Contents
The Atlanta Braves (31-21) are looking for Austin Riley to extend a 10-game hitting streak when they square off against the Philadelphia Phillies (25-27) on Sunday at 7:10 PM ET at Truist Park. The Braves are favored (-267) over the Phillies (+219). Atlanta’s Spencer Strider gets the start against Philadelphia’s Dylan Covey.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
How Do I Watch the Braves vs. the Phillies?
- TV Channel: ESPN2
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves are second-best in baseball with 86 total home runs.
- Atlanta ranks 13th in MLB with a .255 batting average.
- The Braves rank seventh in MLB with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Atlanta strikes out 8.8 times per game, the No. 19 average in baseball.
- The Braves average 1.3 homers per home game this season (37 total at home).
- Atlanta is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .427 at home.
- The team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .249 at home this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. has an OPS of .963, fueled by an OBP of .407 to go with a slugging percentage of .556. He has a .322 batting average, as well.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks sixth, his on-base percentage ranks seventh, and he is ninth in slugging.
- Matt Olson is hitting .227 with 10 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 37 walks. He’s slugging .505 with an on-base percentage of .355.
- Among qualified hitters, he ranks 136th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and 28th in slugging percentage.
- Sean Murphy has 42 hits and is batting .280 this season.
- Murphy has recorded at least one base hit in eight games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .256 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has been key for Atlanta with 50 hits, an OBP of .298 plus a slugging percentage of .462.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies have hit 53 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in MLB with a .258 team batting average.
- The Phillies have the 15th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.323).
- Philadelphia ranks 22nd with an average of nine strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 28 road contests this season.
- In 28 road games this season, it is slugging .414 with 94 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging nine base hits per game and batting .258 on the road this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Alec Bohm has nine doubles, six home runs and 15 walks while batting .269. He’s slugging .409 with an on-base percentage of .325.
- He ranks 58th in batting average, 98th in on-base percentage and 97th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in the big leagues.
- Bohm brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with a double, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos’ 61 hits and .468 slugging percentage both lead his team. He has a batting average of .300 with an on-base percentage of .350.
- His batting average is 13th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 48th, and he is 50th in slugging.
- Bryson Stott has a .409 slugging percentage, which paces the Phillies.
- Kyle Schwarber is hitting .166 with five doubles, 12 home runs and 38 walks.
Braves vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers
|Spencer Strider (ATL)||Pitcher||Dylan Covey (PHI)|
|4 – 2||W/L||0 – 0|
Braves vs. Phillies Injury Updates
- Braves: Michael Tonkin: 15 Day IL (Neck), Max Fried: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Dylan Lee: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Kyle Wright: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ehire Adrianza: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Huascar Ynoa: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kolby Allard: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Tyler Matzek: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Phillies: Cristian Pache: 10 Day IL (Knee), José Alvarado: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Darick Hall: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Rafael Marchan: 60 Day IL (Hand), Noah Song: 60 Day IL (Back), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)